The only Triangle Garden Building in existence? WIP piccys

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munkypuzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Have loved some of the Workshops builds, thought I would share my Garden building (office/dumping ground!) Our garden isnt huge and this was a way to make use of some dead space without compromising the lawn too much..

P1250044.jpg

The ground was was dug out to a depth of about 10" with some railway sleepers set at the front to hide the concrete.

P1250045.jpg

Veiw from the back.

P2020048.jpg

The hole in the ground was prepared with two layers of rebar seperated by bricks on a Damp proof sheet. I realise now that this was well over engineered, and took aroiund 7 cubic meters of concrete to fill it!

P2150050.jpg

The building has 3 sides of around 7 metres in length. I constructed it with 6" concrete blocks that fortunately I had delivered to the neighbouring property to save to much lugging!

P2280052.jpg

P2280054.jpg

Next the roof construction, quite challenging and time consuming due to the angles..

P3120059.jpg

P3120060.jpg

I clad the front face with Red Western Cedar, I had seen this on other projects in peoples gardens and loved the look.

P4050130.jpg

P4050132.jpg

P4150152.jpg

I tend to very much over engineer most things I do. To a point where I really have to reign myself in.

But I take my hat off to you that's hardcore for a small shed (hammer) :D Keep up with the updates

The doors are aluminium with an RSJ across the top. I was going to use timber bolted together but a friend advised that the span was so large a stteel would be much easier and fimer. He was right!

Doors fitted

P4160153.jpg

P4160157.jpg

Iniside, the walls were battened out and 25mm insulation board was fitted. I insulated the floor between some 4" timber joists. A small bulkhead was constructed at the back to take a small A/C unit and the services could be concealed below.

P9250462.jpg

P9250464.jpg

Thats as far as Ive got with photos, more to follow,

Thanks
Mark

Part of the reason for the over engineered base was because of the triangle shape. I thought that the corners of the base, being acute would be an obvious weak spot, and I was worried that they may break away. Would be interested in any expert opinions on what depth I could have got away with,

Latest posts

Back