The Lock-Picking Lawyer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is sheet pedantry, but I solid-gold promise he didn't use skeleton keys. They're a very specific tool, which are ineffective against the vast majority of locks in current production, and certainly not remotely helpful on any vehicle lock, with the possible exception of one drawn by a horse.

Well, there was me thinking skeleton key was just a term for a generic key, rather than an actual thing! Consider me educated.

Only this week I went to a friends house to put together a garden swing for her, and she'd closed the front door but the key (in her hand) wouldn't go back fully into the lock. Locksmith arrived and said "You know it is £59 plus VAT for me to open your door?" and when she said yes he put what looked like a home-made tool through the letterbox, used it to turn the latch and was in within 5 seconds.

I also think that testing new locks, not installed into doors, or in difficult to reach places . From my time estate agenting, many door locks require the door to be pushed a certain way, a little wiggle of the key, or stiffness - all of these things would make picking the lock even more difficult.

When I was a teenager working part time for a building company they refurbished a hotel whilst it was still in use. An electrician needed to get into the manager's office for some reason. The manager was not around and his office door was locked. The sparky somehow (I didn't see him do it so don't know how) opened the door with a table knife. The manager was not happy when he returned.

Back