The Ideal family jigsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter Johnson

Established Member
Reaction score
Many of my puzzles are designed for families to put together, but this one...... Imagine your family (a spouse and 2 or 3 kids) facing a boring evening doing separate things in separate rooms. So you break out this puzzle of about 300 pieces, sturdy 1/4" poplar and a simple picture. You begin by turning the pieces over on their backs and separating them according to the different colored dots on the bottoms, each representing one of the ABC/123 sextants. Then you turn them over and each family member puts together his or her own roughly 40-piece puzzle. When you're done, you join them by finding the uncolored pieces of the pencils, pens and border. to complete the project.

You've spend probably about an hour and a half....and the Television has been off, You've discussed school projects, talked about vacation plans and learned some things about each other that you didn't know before. You all go to sleep pretty darn happy.

I've heard that identical story from countless people and it always makes what I do worthwhile.

Have phun.... Carter

367246657.jpg

367246658.jpg

Sean, it's about 14" by 12", taken from a calendar from last year that I bought for little or nothing in January.

By the way, folks, I have 55 Christmas card puzzles done. 35 to go.

Carter

Carter Johnson":wujm9l3q said:
By the way, folks, I have 55 Christmas card puzzles done. 35 to go.

It's June, Carter!!!

Go out and sunbathe.
Fire up the barbecue.
Take in a baseball game.

Above all else, afford a little mercy to us mere mortals!

Gill

PS :wink: Great work, as ever.

Thanks for the gentle jibe, Gil.......but I buy the cards in January because I'd go nuts if I had to do 90 of them in the last three months of the year. After mounting and giving them a protective spray, each card takes about 23 minutes to cut. That way I can make about ten per month and still have time for full-size puzzles, about four per month. It is an extremely rare day that I'm at the scroll saw more than two half-hour time periods. That's one reason I love scrolling so much. No setup time and I can always accomplish something.....and have plenty of time for lots of other stuff.

Great phun..... Carter

Back