The foot hut safety products - warning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daven

Established Member
Reaction score
Tried to buy a pair of safety shoes last month from this company http://www.foothut.co.uk/ - nearly a month later, no shoes, no response to emails and I have since found a few other warnings on various websites.

They also trade on ebay as Vangard Safety Products - could well be the sign of a company in trouble! Not sure if I will get my money back - stupidly paid on debit card rather than credit card - bank will try though so fingers crossed!

Dave

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you get sorted, as you say its much safer to use credit card when dealing with unknown companies :(

Thanks Alan, The annoying thing is I normally do and check out the site owners etc but slipped up on this one!

Had another look today and it looks like he used to trade as Titan Safety PPE Distribution Ltd - seems like Mr Hall has been busy! Shame he doesn't put the same time into sending goods out as he does posting on web blogs, forums and his web site/s :evil:

4 more days and I get the bank involved!

Dave

Hi Alan,

Still no contact, goods or refund - didn't get a chance to call the bank Friday so first thing Monday..... :evil:

Regards

Dave

they trade under several names.
i orded some work trousers from projob distrobution, after 3 weeks i had no trousers sent email with no reply 3 times about 3 monts later they turned up with a email saying staff problems sorry for the delay.

after a google i found loads of bad reviews for all the company websites,the website looks all proffesional but dont be fooled. i wont use them again

speed":2jz8usac said:
they trade under several names.
i orded some work trousers from projob distrobution, after 3 weeks i had no trousers sent email with no reply 3 times about 3 monts later they turned up with a email saying staff problems sorry for the delay.

after a google i found loads of bad reviews for all the company websites,the website looks all proffesional but dont be fooled. i wont use them again

Thanks - more ammunition, If they are legit, then I cant see why they don't contact their customers. Surely the credit card companies and banks must be getting fed up with the cost of administering their account!

JMcK":2jz8usac said:
Dave,

In relation to paying with a Debit Card, if it is a Visa card this may be of interest:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/w ... 082599.stm

Thanks John, that is useful. The card I used is a Visa Debit so I may be lucky!

Dave

Called bank today - dispute is underway :D Fingers crossed I will get my money back soon!

Dave

Well well - got an email from the foot hut today apologizing for the delay and will be refunding. Mmmm should I trust them? Think not! :wink:

Dave

Daven":2ejgm939 said:
Well well - got an email from the foot hut today apologizing for the delay and will be refunding. Mmmm should I trust them? Think not! :wink:

Dave

I suspect it's the Chargeback process kicking in and the Merchant realising that the Nbr of Chargebacks is taken into consideration when their Provider re-negotiates their rates\service - or in some cases terminates the service.

Should have the money back in your account within 28 days (max).

Dibs-h":2wh0vc8a said:
I suspect it's the Chargeback process kicking in and the Merchant realising that the Nbr of Chargebacks is taken into consideration when their Provider re-negotiates their rates\service - or in some cases terminates the service.

Hope so Dibs - need the money for a router table insert ;-)

Dave

Daven":w0h90i2t said:
Dibs-h":w0h90i2t said:

Hope so Dibs - need the money for a router table insert ;-)

Dave

Useful reading,

http://www.moneywise.co.uk/news-views/2 ... chargeback

Last time I did one - HSBC paid up in around 3 weeks.

Thanks Dibs - that is useful too - I am just writing to my bank as they have written saying I had made the purchase and if it wasn't me I should write to them to let them know why I don't recognisee the transaction! Wonder what language I was speaking when I called them! :evil:

Dave

Wahay - got my money back today. Bit of form filling for the bank and it has finally been paid back into my account! :lol:

Thanks for the advice guys - it came in useful dealing with the bank!

Dave

Latest posts

Back