The box, the sale, the query, the blank, the commision.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
Sometime back, members may recall, I did a pair of boxes in Olive Ash, this one recently sold.

Olive-Ash-Oval-1.jpg

The customer was enchanted with the timber and asked if I had any more, I had one piece left that had a little figure remaining in it.

OA-5.jpg

She sent me several designs but eventually settled on this one.

icm_fullxfull.43907445_nfji0qv33io80wkos48c.jpg

So the blank now looks like this:

Olive+Ash+Box+3.jpg

Olive+Ash+Box+4.jpg

Olive+Ash+Box+5.jpg

My customer responded to the pictures with this comment. " Absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love it! " Sold!

I can't do better than that! :)

It is beautiful! Almost has a Tiger's Eye quality to the figuring...

That's a little beauty, at least having a design brief takes away some of the sole searching about proportions, but I guess that little positive snippet did little to steady the nerves when tweaking the final beads and shoulders.

CHJ":133e4dv7 said:
That's a little beauty, at least having a design brief takes away some of the sole searching about proportions, but I guess that little positive snippet did little to steady the nerves when tweaking the final beads and shoulders.

When you know you have only one shot at it you sure are careful! :)

Appreciate all the kind comments! :)

quote 'I can't do better than that! :)'

Nobody could do better than that Kim. It superb, and a lovely bit of wood.

Again a lovely piece both in wood and workmanship. It has inspired me to try a box when I start turning again.

Au contraire, I have insize thumbs! :D

The box is 3" wide, I think that's about the average size for a turned box isn't it? Most of the boxes I see in Ray key's book and richard Raffan's books look to be around that sort of size.

That's a super box as ever Kim Not surprised it sold such quality and elegance the form is nice and the turning is of your usual high standard Thanks for showing and keep getting the commissions you deserve it.
Regards
Bill

Have been away for awhile and could not have had a better welcome than seeing this beautiful little box .

Fantastic piece of wood and really well turned to show its true beauty .

Thank you for showing .

Back