The Alter- finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'a rather cool Matty - well done fella. It would go a treat with the rest of our oak furniture. Any C R Mackintosh influence there? :wink:

Mark

Very very nice Matty. The doors and handles make the project.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks chaps,
Much appreciated.

I used linseed oil as generally like the oil finish, it is more natural and sympathetic IMO.
Olly- The plinth was my doing, it's supposed to look like a shadow behind the arch, but without the dust trap. That was the idea anyhow.

Thats beautiful matty, really is.

Nice to see you using hand tools as well, planing edges and hand cut dovetails, I see you even left the layout marks. Hopefully no-one will notice or it will start an age old debate again!

Found this to be one of the most interesting WIP's I've read for a while.

Chems":f53xk8zb said:
Hopefully no-one will notice or it will start an age old debate again!

I doubt they will, after all, no one's pointed it out :roll: :wink:

Matt I simply can't believe the speed to quality ratio. You're a machine, man! From design to conception, the whole thing has been top notch and completed in (considerably) less than a week! :shock:

The design is not completely to my taste but that's just personal.

Glad that dowel plate is getting some use. I think I used it for one project and then slung it back in the drawer ;)

Matty,

that's the ugliest thing I have seen on this forum for a long, long time. Someone with too much time on their hands has worked too hard to show how clever they are and the result is horrendous. It is all out of proportion, and, frankly grotesque.

Right, that's the avatar dealt with.......

......that's a lovely piece of furniture, showing some fine levels of craftsmanship. Thanks for the photos. I'd be interested to know how you set out the curves for the door panels. My only adverse comment is the linseed oil finish. I use it myself, but I don't think it looks as good as one or two other finishes.

Mike

Impressive - not only the workmanship but the sheer speed of it. =D>

Or are you being rather inventive when you say you have one "apprentice"? i.e. 3 elfs? :wink:

Latest posts

Back