The Age of Wood. Book

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abe Books. Different title but I think it's the same book, perhaps Europe edition or something
The Wood Age: Roland Ennos
PS Or maybe I've bought the American edition and it will be all in rods, poles and perches. :oops:

Abe Books. Different title but I think it's the same book, perhaps Europe edition or something
The Wood Age: Roland Ennos
PS Or maybe I've bought the American edition and it will be all in rods, poles and perches. :oops:
Well at least they're all made of wood!

Phil

If you want another perspective on trees, I strongly recommend 'The Overstory' by Richard Powers - a novel drawing together 'roots' of 6 different characters who come together in the 'trunk' section, all motivated in different ways by a fascination with trees. Lots of information and a ripping yarn! (Maybe crosscutting?)

Just finished it - a very interesting read and packed with information, ideas, history right back to early primates using sticks.
I had thought that "the age of wood" was over but he says it is the future, referencing gluelam and other high tech uses with low carbon footprint.
The Finns think so too Is Finland's Wood City the future of building?

Back