That's odd!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper

Established Member
Reaction score
Treated myself to an extractor a Sheppach HA 1000 for my bandsaw after it was recommended on the forum.

It arrived today and looking at the box it say's Dust Extractor but when I opened it and read the instruction book it say's, extractor for wood chip's and not designed for dust????

For HSE purposes it's a chip collector which will pick up large particles, fine dust will pass through the filter. If you want better dust removal you can get more expensive filters or wheel it outside when you use it.

That is odd indeed....

This is straight from Scheppach's own website.....The last bulletin point seems to contradict the instructions you've got..??

• Maximum efficiency with 0.5 micron rating.
  • Total mobility. Can be transported easily in pick-up truck or the trunk of a car.
  • Flexible hose (Ø 100 mm) with multiple adaptors making ideal for use with single-purpose machines such as a table saw and equally suitable for all power tools.
  • Strong barrel container
  • Variable filters. Comes complete with four paper filters for an immediate clean work area.
  • Easy storage. Can be conveniently stored under a workbench when not in use.
  • Affordability. Priced to cater for even the most modest budget.
  • Suitable for MDF particle board.
  • Suitable for wood dust ONLY
Link to their own website. HA1000 Dust Extractor – SCHEPPACH DIRECT

I quote this direct from the manual:- Only suitable for collecting chips (dust).
Perhaps this was printed before they supplied paper bags to cover the filter maybe?

I quote this direct from the manual:- Only suitable for collecting chips (dust).

In that phrase Scheppach are equating chips with dust - the parentheses indicating dust is a synonym of chips.

It appears to be you who is trying to draw a distinction between the two words.

My interpretation of Scheppach's words is that they are referrring to solid material in large (chips) and small (dust) forms.

They are, in a roundabout way, saying the machine is no good for liquids or welding fumes or paint vapours.

Back