Tess's Tale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark

Take a nice piece of timber and turn it into a coffin fit for Tess to lay her to rest in the garden, my heart goes out to you.

Regards

Stew

So sorry to hear that Mark
She was so obviously loved and cared for,
you will have sweet memories
Nigel

Thank you everyone......too many to mention. Your thoughts and advice have kept us going.

Mark & Michelle. :ho2

Mark, Michelle

I know its easy to say but try not to dwell to much on Tess' passing think more of the wonderful times you had together it will still bring a tear but they will be of joy.

Thinking of you both

Stew

woody67":3gleqysp said:
She relies a lot on our other dog Cassie and Cassie looks after her.

Mark

It may take some believing.........we still can't, but Cassie had to be put to sleep this morning, she collapsed at 8.30. The vet said she was suffering massive internal bleeding and it would be kinder to let her go.

She was 13, a Border Collie cross and was from the same rescue centre as Tess.

It feels as if she just "gave up the ghost"...from the second we returned home on Friday without Tess she was a changed dog. She wouldn't eat, moped about and wasn't the Cassie we knew.

The house is totally empty without them both now.

Mark

Bloody hell :shock:

That's heartbreaking Mark

So... so sorry for you and your family

Bob

We're convinced she waited until her little pal went :(

Allonby053.jpg

Thanks all again for your kind words.....they help. :)

Mark

It will indeed Mark and there's little that can make you feel better right now. Strange how dogs find a way to your heart.

We've always taken on older recue dogs and have unfortunately been through this a number of times. Bottom of the garden is a regular dog cemetry.

Our solution? Straight down to dogs trust for another of the little heartbreakers!

It doesn't help forget the old ones just helps knowing you're giving a dog who hasn't got a great future a loving home.

woody67":2m6jm0o9 said:
woody67":2m6jm0o9 said:
She relies a lot on our other dog Cassie and Cassie looks after her.

Mark

It may take some believing.........we still can't, but Cassie had to be put to sleep this morning, she collapsed at 8.30. The vet said she was suffering massive internal bleeding and it would be kinder to let her go.

She was 13, a Border Collie cross and was from the same rescue centre as Tess.

It feels as if she just "gave up the ghost"...from the second we returned home on Friday without Tess she was a changed dog. She wouldn't eat, moped about and wasn't the Cassie we knew.

Mark

Oh Hell !!!!!!!

In June of last year my Dad became so sick with cancer that he and my Mum could no longer look after their long haired german shepherd. They asked me to look after him and I did with great pride. In November of last year my Dad died from a long battle and the dog became even more important. However, the dog had been flagging for a while but after my Dad died it seemed as if he wanted to die to. 4 months later, partial blindness, no drinking, toileting himself and his rear end had gone, my Mum, Sister and I decided we needed to care for our dog as we had always done and do what was best for him. Needless to say it felt like we where letting my Dad down but he wouldn't have wanted the dog to suffer anymore than he did.

Bryn - 16years - Long Haired German Shepherd

DSC00228.jpg

I'm posting this in support of your own grief. These things happen in life but you're never convinced you've done the right thing. It helps to remember that we often keep pets well after there natural lifespan for our own sake, not the animals. You and your family have been very brave and have cared for your animal in the only way you know how.

Aw the best,

Lee.

Thanks Lee for your kind support. I would have replied earlier, but we are currently enamored by our new wee puppy, Tilli. She's a 10 week old Patterdale Terrier. I'll post some pics when she gives me a moment and I'm re-energised - I was up most of last night attending to her little whimpers!! :shock:

Thanks

Mark :D

At last............I've sorted my laptop and Tilli's finally leaving puppydom behind and so giving me some respite in order to update all you good folks on her progress.

Enjoy! (We certainly do, and yes..........she is the most beautiful puppy in the world! :wink: :wink:

Allsorts2011009.jpg

Allsorts2011409.jpg

Allsorts2011026.jpg

Allsorts2011009-1.jpg

She's coming up to 5 months old now and all I can say she is perfect O:) O:) (I would say that though wouldn't I?). My good pal came to our rescue after we lost Tess and Cassie; his bro-in-law's dog had just had pups and so, lo and behold, he landed with Tilli on the 30/12/10.
A hundred notes later, and she was ours - a true Godsend and although she could never replace the other two, bye heck, she has so many similar traits, it's unbelievable!

Thanks

Mark :D

Back