Quantcast

Tenon saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

I am the first to admit i very seldom use hand tools these days due to problems with my hand but i bought one of these http://www.toolman.co.uk/tools/1160.html yup a stanley pro tenon saw .I think a lot of hand tool nutters will prolly go ohhh no, but i tried it out today and it cuts very very well, i had a bit of a hard time controlling my old S & J even after a lot of fettling .I found this saw to be well balanced a bit heavy for most of your tastes (i think) but i found the weight of the saw to bode well as no effort was need to cut any of my test pieces . It was nearly impossible to wander from my pencil line it was like magic a good clean cut . I know what works for some may not work for others but for the price it's the best money i have spent recently . Only time will tell if it holds it edge but i am very happy with it and thats what counts :)

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good AP-if it works for you then be happy! :lol:
Not every tool has to cost over a hundred quid to be of use.
regards,
The Tool Hipocrite
aka Philly :D

A

Anonymous

AP

Looks like a reasonable saw for the price. I have a Stanley tenon saw with a plastic handle that has served me well for years. Cost £8 and cuts straight and true 'out of the box'. As you said, I am happy with it, especially as it is not used too often and so the teeth have remained sharp.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
TENON SAW

Is there an hardpoint tenon saw on the market yet around 16 teeth?inch
my old tenon saw has never had a professional resharpen and things are getting desparate, I think it wears away the wood.

A

Anonymous

DW getting hitech with your fangled friction saw :lol:

A

Anonymous

123 TPI :shock: now that is a fine blade!! :wink:

Interestingly (or not) Bacho invented the adjustable spanner - and they make the best one available

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
devonwoody":2bqju25c said:
Ye gods, DW, that's a bit fine isn't it? :shock: :wink:

Edit: Tony beat me to it - just. It's Bahco, isn't it? Make lovely saw files; it's just finding stockists of them :(

A

Anonymous

123 tpi :shock: thats alot of teeth ,good job its a hard point imagine the look on a saw docs face if you poped that in for sharpening :lol:

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
OK I got excited, 13 teeth .

And guess what I did a couple of M/T's by hand (first time in two years)
The only problem was , the saw was too sharp, I crossed the line.
Also took over an hour getting out the grinder and putting it to work on the 1/4" chisels that haven't had much use lately.

Yes the saw is OK, purchased from Phoenix Tools 01626 332862.

Latest posts