Tempted with this...are you?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it depends on what you want to do. for limited applications, I think it could be better than a workmate, but overall I would rather have a workmate from when they were good. the lumberjack looks very tippy and I wouldn't want to do any form of hard work on it. The workmate is generally good except for planing.

this is the ryobi version

I purchased one of these a couple of years ago. I would not buy another one. It is flimsy, especially the footplates, which bent the first time it was used. I found the angle adjustment to be very awkward, 3 hands would have made it easier! Just my opinion and if course your mileage may vary.

If you are looking at a portable vice/clamping tool then take a look at the Jawhorse https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rockwell-J...43MG8RM6K1M&psc=1&refRID=WP7R1ZSEJ43MG8RM6K1M

I have the one made by Worx, the Rockwell looks the same and you want the one with the loops on the front legs not just the flat feet as I think this is a cheaper copy and the loops can be handy as you can put a foot in them to provide extra stability. There is also an extension that allows for a greater clamping width, such as a door.

I have jaws bought from Screwfix used twice I maybe persuaded to sell it but I’m located in Hampshire. Pm me if interested

Back