Tape measure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fat Max appeals, but I find the tape too wide.
The tape on the FatMax has to be wide because that's what gives it the 'standout' which is its major selling point.
If you're standing up your ladder measuring distance to other parts of the building then the FatMax is probably what you need, the 5m FatMax will extend to 4m before collapsing.

Timely. I just bought the Hultafors TALM3 3m Talmeter Marking Measuring Tape from Amazon.
I wanted accuracy and internal measuring, so that I don't have to bend the tape.
It arrived yesterday. Seems well built, but if dropped it would bend a lot of pointy metal bits that make it useful and accurate

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041YQFY6/
Stanley, for the last 50 years.... so tempted to buy this,
simply for the internal measurements...

I've normally used a 3 metre tape day to day (will often need more than 2 metres but rarely more than 3, in which case a grab something bigger) I was suprised when I looked at toolstation and screwfix that 3m is not a common size at all (I know there are quite a few options on amazon)

From this thread. I purchased a Hultafors Talmeter 3m tape.
Above and beyond plain measuring (metric only).
For me, the extra 'leg' @100mm is v.useful.
Arcs? less so.
The marker does look good.
An oddity (take some getting useful) - it's normally locked - press the button to release? I can see its utility though.

Seems very well made.

Attachments

• P1001992.jpg
    P1001992.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 6
Back