tape measure with writing facility

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all has anybody heard of a tape measure with something on it to write measurements down on .I am sure i have seen something but cannot rercall were it was. I do not know if anybody has thought of it but a good idea would be to put a little scrren on one a bit like an old sketcha graph something you could just use a normal pencil on. When you have finished with the measurement just shake and the measurements disappear.
Any ideas?
Cheers Phil.

Phil,
I have a disk of Formica glued to mine. I can write on it with a pencil and it just rubs off with a damp cloth when I've finished. It saves me having to go back and measure something I've measured just 30 seconds ago, but already forgotten!

HTH
Steve

Steve Maskery":rkdauo62 said:
Phil,
I have a disk of Formica glued to mine. I can write on it with a pencil and it just rubs off with a damp cloth when I've finished. It saves me having to go back and measure something I've measured just 30 seconds ago, but already forgotten!

HTH
Steve
I thought that was just me :wink:

Colin C":yzv8ajh6 said:
I thought that was just me :wink:

Nope! don't you just love it when doubt sends you back for the 3rd-4th.. time because you thought it was different the first time.

Can't quite find it now , seems an overkill when I saw it but you never know.

I've seen a chippy record all notes to a mobile phone and then play them back later at the saw bench.

But I too have stuck some plastic to the back that pencils can write on (maybe formica)

Steve Maskery":2qxzjvem said:
It saves me having to go back and measure something I've measured just 30 seconds ago, but already forgotten!

I usually can't even remember where I've put my tape measure :?

Paul

So nobody uses the universally available plywood/MDF offcut, then? You know the price is right :lol:

Scrit

I can never find my tape because it's always lost under all the scrap that i have cut too short :lol:

Matt.

Matt1245":21b5c2ju said:
I can never find my tape because it's always lost under all the scrap that i have cut too short :lol:

In that case you have plenty on "notepad" material :lol:

thats what the little white rectangle is for on the larger stanley powerlock tapes :roll:

I find that tape measures are only just behind pencils when it comes to falling into gaps in the space time continuum. :oops: :roll:

I've got a tape measure with a built in voice recorder and LED torch. Never used the voice recorder facility, but my daughter enjoys it :)
I've no idea where it came from, I'll see if it has any branding, but i'm pretty sure it's a no-name.

edit:
Yes, it's that well known brand "Made In China"

It was the one from fast cap that i saw a while back i havejust ordered one .
Cheers Phil.

Latest posts

Back