Tandem Blumotion Runners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidE

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Slightly dopey question from myself...

I'll be ordering some Tandem Blumotion runners soon for a desk I am building. I think I've sussed all the dimensions out from the drawings (though I'm not building the drawer till I've got the runners :wink: )

What I wanted to check was - if I order the following from Woodfit.

450mm Full Extension Runners

Is that everything I need - what has confused me is the Blum parts catalogue shows a lot of the parts separately. I also figure I don't need the drilling jig as that is mainly a timesaver not an essential tool?

Cheers
David

Hi David,

I had to buy the locking devices seperately, but I can't find them on Woodfit's site. So I am assuming the come with the runners. It might be worth checking first.

Slim":buztq7t1 said:
Hi David,

I had to buy the locking devices seperately, but I can't find them on Woodfit's site. So I am assuming the come with the runners. It might be worth checking first.

Thanks Simon - I've e-mailed them. I wanted to check I wasn't missing something obvious first (as I couldn't see them separately either!)
Cheers
David

David
You need the two clamps that screw to the underside of the drawerbox - these lock the drawer to the runner. Also they let you adjust the front of the drawer square.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Thanks Philly - good news on the adjustment I thought that was how it worked.

I e-mailed Woodfit and the item does include the stops - which is good. I shall be ordering later.

Cheers
David

Don't do what I did this afternoon. I made one of two drawers this morning. Yesterday I made the other one.
I fitted the first one and it went without a hitch - even though I had to alter the cabinet a bit to make things right (it was made years ago and was not quite square at the front. The Blumotion runners worked a treat.
This morning's drawer came out of the clamps and I set about the sencond installation. Absolute nightmare. It fitted but would not run properly. To cut a long story short I suddenly thought it might be sensible to measure the drawer. It was only then that I discovered it was wider at the back than the front by about 3mm or more!
Ever tried taking the back off a drawer where the glue has gone right off hard?

The moral of this tale is that Blumotion runners take no prisoners. Get the sizes right and you are laughing. My second drawer fits now!
Cheers.

SF

Shadowfax":1514xxj1 said:
Don't do what I did this afternoon. I made one of two drawers this morning. Yesterday I made the other one.
I fitted the first one and it went without a hitch - even though I had to alter the cabinet a bit to make things right (it was made years ago and was not quite square at the front. The Blumotion runners worked a treat.
This morning's drawer came out of the clamps and I set about the sencond installation. Absolute nightmare. It fitted but would not run properly. To cut a long story short I suddenly thought it might be sensible to measure the drawer. It was only then that I discovered it was wider at the back than the front by about 3mm or more!
Ever tried taking the back off a drawer where the glue has gone right off hard?

The moral of this tale is that Blumotion runners take no prisoners. Get the sizes right and you are laughing. My second drawer fits now!
Cheers.

SF

Thanks for the tip - I shall watch that when I make the drawers - as I don't want to find out how hard it is to dismantle a glued up drawer! :D

Cheers
David

Back