Taming Turnings in 2010

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
________Back to Basics after a request to "keep it simple"
________
________

________Oak Serving Platter___293 mm dia.

________Another chunk of wood out of the way.
________
________
___________________Ash _________________255 mm m/dia.

richburrow":266ia847 said:
quality

That was not one of the words that were foremost in my mind whilst trying to knock it into shape Rich, but thanks anyway, it was certainly tough to handle and I certainly know I've tackled it now.

________
________Workshop smells as though someones just sharpened a thousand Pencils.
________
________
____________Cedar of Lebanon _____________175 mm dia.

________
________A bit of Beech out of the way.
________
________
_____________140 mm m/dia.
________
________And an unknown species of Root Burr donated by richburrow who I considered a friend at the time,
________not so sure now having had the experience of another version of the Dust from H**l.

________
________
______________120 mm dia.

hahahahaha
I hope we have not fallen out too badly
It must have been one of those ones that is impossible to get a shaving from, just dust all the way.
Worth it though, done a lovely job with it.
After a while you will forget how horrible it was to turn and have another go, just to be reminded
:D :D

________
________Bit of a red mist event after finding this oddment in the bottom of a pile.
________
________
___________Pau Rosa 190 mm dia.

Yes it's such and intense red Paul, this bits been lying in the shed for a couple of years at least, been having a sort out, part of a project that just did not look right and got slung to the back, put it back on the machine and removed all the fancy bits back to basic shape, I guess someone will take it.
Pity it looses its vibrancy if left in direct sunlight, used MC wax on it to see if that helps at all.

________
________Banging out the Bangles again.
________
________
_____Mainly Walnut & Oak (1 Walnut & Ash).

Lovely work chas.

The good lady likes the bangles, so sunday doesn`t look like being the day of rest i`d planned #-o

Cheers.

Doug

I'll probably be joining you in similar vein Doug, still got a couple of blanks to use up and some other small requests to do of the 'if you have time of course' nature.

Latest posts

Back