Taking advantage of the weak Dollar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Er....thats a little surprising! We rely on google quite a lot, ahem.

Have checked google.co.uk and .com and we are top both times.

Please let me know what you did? I do need to know if we have a problem.

Martin

Update on the LN order.

A very nice lady at LN responded to my email. She said she could not help but that I should keep them informed of my progress. She did not tell me what would happen if the parcel was lost. From my chasing, it is clear that the culprit here is Parcelforce i nEngland, and not LN or the USPS.

I contacted parcelforce and finally found out where my parcel was located. I have now collected it and am chuffed to bits with the contents, if not the import duty at £30 :cry:

I received the parcel 10 days after parcelforce claimed they attempted to deliver it but have not received any notification from parcelforce to tell me that they had it in thier depot.

Overall, I saved about £12 on an order of £150+ and had a load of hassle. My tools took over 3 1/2 weeks to arrive and in the end I had to fetch it from a depot 20 miles away which meant taking time off from work.

LN are my favourite tools but when parcelforce is involved??????

Should have ordere from Axminster :wink:

Glad you're pleased with your LN order. (What was it? :D or have you mentioned it already)
Good thing Parcel force don't screw up all the time, but we're bound to get caught once in a while.

Aragorn":11nw1hv7 said:
Glad you're pleased with your LN order. (What was it? :D or have you mentioned it already)

No, I hadn't mentioned it. Just a couple of small items. An independance saw and York pitch frog for my 4 1/2 :D

We are considering a gloat rental service. Sjoebergs 2400 (complete), Oneway 2436, or a complete set of Veritas planes (the new Rob Lee signature/custom ones). Philly was our first test customer (ps can we have the planes back now?). Anyone think it might work?

Martin Brown":1oajurpe said:
We are considering a gloat rental service. Sjoebergs 2400 (complete), Oneway 2436, or a complete set of Veritas planes (the new Rob Lee signature/custom ones). Philly was our first test customer (ps can we have the planes back now?). Anyone think it might work?
Only if you don't mind sending round "da boys" in order to pry them from the fingers of the chronic gloaters when you want them back again. :lol: Actually, probably just threatening to come round wearing Utilikilts should be enough... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Paskins in Kidderminster stocks LV. They keep the planes in a reinforced glass display case under the sales counter so that customers can drool over them whilst writing cheques for other purchases! :lol:

Gill

Tony wrote;

Lie Neilsons take on this? Well, we sent it and now it is your problem!!

In reality who's problem is it? My view is that until you receive your order it is the sellers problem, because in paying for the item you have kept your side of the contact, bargain, or what ever you want to call it, but the seller has not kept their's until it is delivered to you.
Yes UPS or Parcel Force may be at fault but as the seller employed them to deliver the product and not the customer, then it is the sellers responsibility to chase them up.

Put it this way. You buy a product and after receiving it, you for what ever reason, have to send it back, and employ Parcel Force to do it. Then low and behold the seller does not receive it. Do you think that they would accept the responsibility and return your money or send another product if you proclaimed "Well, i sent it and now it is your problem" I DO NOT THINK SO. They would tell you that it is YOUR PROBLEM and until they receive the goods there is nothing they can do.

I must say that like Festool except for the above i have never heard anything bad about LN or LV and i would certainly buy their products, in fact as Tony knows i am planning a gloat. So this reply is not a dig at them. I am just interested to find out who really is responsible for your purchase before you receive it, because if it is the customer i will have to think very seriously about spending a good few hundred pounds on planes sent mail order.

I know Rob said that we all make mistakes and have a bad, and that he would bring this thread to the attention of Tom at LV. But i noticed that 3 days after this Tony received a reply to his email from a nice lady ay LN and she still claimed that there was nothing that she could do, so are her hands tied and she is just telling Tony how it is?

How does this leave us. Are we responsible for something we have not received?

Regards

Woody

Woody
I feel for Tony, and agree with you too, but I imagone that L-N sent the package out by UPS or some US service.When they "delivered" it to Parcel Force on this side of the water I assume that they considered it "delivered". It is a pain, but Parcel Farce need a good kicking.
This is one of the dangers of shopping worldwide. Personally I have bought stuff from Australia, Canada and the US. No problems at all.
Now, stuff delivered form UK suppliers, that can be a different matter. So maybe it is our back yard that the problem lays?
Only my thoughts
Philly :D

Philly i see what you mean but i still think that if you buy from abroad the seller should hold the responsibility until it has been delivered to the customer, either that or they should make it clear on their web site order form that their responsibility is over when it is delivered to a UK shipping agent.
I just wonder how easy or hard it would be for the customer to claim for a lost parcel from a US shipping agent. Take USPS for instance, as Tony found out ,you cannot even email them from outside the US unless you forge a Zip Code.

Regards

Woody

In my view, Parcel force were completely reponsible BUT LN should have traced the parcel for me - they had my money.

In the end, I saved £12 and waited for 3.5 weeks. I should have spent the extra £12 with Axminster and played with my new toys the next day!

The pressure to gloat is getting too great......

... I recently had a trip to the US and got L-N to ship some goodies to my hotel. No US sales tax and no VAT or Duty, as it was inside our allowance. Just $18 for shipping UPS 2 day.

.... and all @ $1.86 to the £. :D

I did have the worry about Gatwick baggage handlers on my return though.

:oops: Now I'm embarrassed at my gloating. Good job my mum doesn't read this forum.

Now I'm embarrassed at my gloating. Good job my mum doesn't read this forum.

Phil, buddy... this ya call a gloat..???? c'mon son... you got better in you...

Philly... front n centre... give the guy some lessons whydontchya...

:p

Phil, I learned from Philly that you should know no shame as long as you put the words "GLOAT ALERT" in your post. I've almost finished the inventory of Philly's workshop, and I've only been posting here a few months . :wink: Now I just have to hire some movers that work quickly... :lol:
Frank

Frank
I'm on to you,Sir! :lol: Too late, I put the bulldog in there (Hope the Missus doesn't touch anything........ :twisted: )
Phil
There's nothing to be afraid of-gloating is a natural, woodworking reflex and should be encouraged. As you learn the "Way of the Gloat", young Jedi, you will feel your powers grow and your gloatage will become more sophisticated! :wink:
Lordy.... :lol:
Cheers
Darth Philly 8)

Well, it's time I put my money where my mouth is. Thought I'd test the theory as inexpensivley as possible, so.......

I've just ordered the 3 David Charlesworth DVD set from the L-N website for $70. If I get $1.8/£1 that's only £39. Not sure what postage etc will come to.

Prepare to be gloated at if my total costs come in at less than £47.75 (20% saving over buying in UK)

Back