Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terryc

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm fed up making firewood so I thought I'd update my totally inaccurate table saw (or is it me?). I want to spend around 700'ish and I'm thinking about the Fox F36530. I know some members have bought this model recently and I wondered if anyone had any comments on its performance. It's also been mentioned that the Perform CC10BSB from Axminster is the same generic model as the Fox, can anyone confirm that, as there is a price difference.

Thanks
Terry

Hi Terry
I think yu will also find that the sip saw is the same too.
I dont have one but I am sure some one will be a long that knows for sure :) .

Hi Colin

Oh heck, not another one to consider! Does anyone have any 'insider information' as to which equipment is made by which far east manufacturer ... now that would be worth knowing!

Terry

havent got one myself but, i think you`ll find , Itech, SIP, Fox and Perform T/S are all pretty much the same machine, just badged for the different suppliers IMHO

there certainly are very few actual manufacturers factories in
taiwan, the few cast iron and machinery manufacturers tend to
offer a generic design to a number of people.

as far as i am aware, only grizzly really specify, others take the basic
and add bits. for instance fox do a router table, with a cast iron top, and
record do the same, but the fox one has more to offer even at
the similar price.

paul :wink:

Hi Terry

Speak to Geoff at Welduk.com best price for the SIP version, less than £500 all in he knows his stuff re your dilema.
Having seen all the versions around the SIP is best value fo money.
I would recommend one to anyone especially newbies or those upgrading from a cheapie unit.
Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone. I thought on my budget I'd be restricted to 1 or 2 machines, but the list keeps growing - I'll never be able to make my mind up, and don't you just know that next week there'll be another machine that's just that little bit better. I wonder, excluding space and cost restrictions, what would be required for the ideal T/S?

Still haven't made up my mind so any further advice would be welcome.

Terry

Back