Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benrymnd

Reaction score
Any one looking to buy a table saw Aldi online have them in,I bought one it is a great piece of kit, comes with 2000watt motor 2 blades 24 tooth and a 48 tooth, push stick side and rear extension pieces blade rise and fall,80mm depth of cut at 90%,55mm at 45%,it also comes with 4 legs and a 3yr warranty all for £90.00.

This one is basically an Einhell isn't it? If you are after a simple universal motored site style saw for occasional use they are ok...

Anything more serious for the workshop and that money is better off invested in something with an induction motor and a cast iron table with a strong, accurate fence.

You do appear to get a lot for your money. The problem with these products though, is their lack of accuracy. I suspect the pressed steel top will be far from flat, and there will be a lot of play with the mitre gauge and fence. Though if you're not so concerned about that, potentially a good buy

Well it just arrived and it is clearly made and support by Einhell (WZTS 2000) as it says so on the top of the box. The table seems overall pretty flat. There are a couple of small depressions (3-4mm across where I think the mount is spot welded underneath) which won't cause me problem, but also a couple of lumps/bumps (1-4mm across, up to about 1mm high) which could be more of an issue. I'm hoping I can scrape/sand them down as they look like defects in the paint rather than the table itself. I'll investigate more later when I have time to assemble and test it.

part_time_cowboy":b6s2h1n1 said:
Well it just arrived and it is clearly made and support by Einhell (WZTS 2000) as it says so on the top of the box. The table seems overall pretty flat. There are a couple of small depressions (3-4mm across where I think the mount is spot welded underneath) which won't cause me problem, but also a couple of lumps/bumps (1-4mm across, up to about 1mm high) which could be more of an issue. I'm hoping I can scrape/sand them down as they look like defects in the paint rather than the table itself. I'll investigate more later when I have time to assemble and test it.

Good luck. Hopefully you can sort it. The one I tried from screwfix (similar design with pressed steel tops) was so out of wack, the piece would wobble, and depending on size, would wobble quite a bit! .. couldn't be dealing with that, so returned it.

So after having a little time to assemble and inspect it, here are my first impressions.

The saw top is not pressed steel, but some kind of cast, non-ferrous metal. As previously mentioned the powder coating was not perfect, but turned out to be easy enough to scrape down the bumps. Even after this the table is not perfectly flat; at the front and back edges it is near perfect, but around the slot for the insert there are areas where it is slightly (less than 1 mm) higher compared to the outside edges.

The extensions are pressed steel and are awful. Not flat, near impossible to level with the table. The outfeed extension does not continue the mitre slots, which would make using a crosscut sled impossible. I'll remove the left side and outfeed extensions over the weekend, but may keep the right side extension for the moment for the extra width capacity.

The mitre gauge is currently useless, with way too much slop in the slot. I can probably rescue it by punching the bar to widen it, but I might just make a replacement bar that fits instead.

The fence is passable. It locks securely, and reliably; when attached securely it takes a fair amount of force before it starts to deflect.

Out of the box the alignment is definitely off. I can't tell for sure how far off (yet) as I was referencing off the badly fitting mitre gauge, but my DTI showed a difference of around 0.5mm between front and back of the blade. Fettling this is going to be annoying as getting to the necessary bolts for adjustment are awkward to get to, but once done it hopefully won't need to be done again.

The splitter is awkward to attach, and the attached laser guide seems like a gimmick I'll probably never use. The laser can at least be adjusted as out of the box it was a good 10 degrees off alignment with the blade. The blade guard attaches to the splitter at a pivot point that seems slightly too low, meaning the blade needs to be a few mm higher than I would set by choice for the wood to pass through without fouling on the guard. At some point I'll likely fabricate a riving knife to replace the splitter/guard assembly.

The saw is loud as I expected, but my few test cuts were cleaner than I expected even with the 24 tooth blade that came with it. Overall I'm pretty happy with what I got for the price.

part_time_cowboy":1nfz18ev said:
So after having a little time to assemble and inspect it, here are my first impressions.

The saw top is not pressed steel, but some kind of cast, non-ferrous metal. As previously mentioned the powder coating was not perfect, but turned out to be easy enough to scrape down the bumps. Even after this the table is not perfectly flat; at the front and back edges it is near perfect, but around the slot for the insert there are areas where it is slightly (less than 1 mm) higher compared to the outside edges.

The extensions are pressed steel and are awful. Not flat, near impossible to level with the table. The outfeed extension does not continue the mitre slots, which would make using a crosscut sled impossible. I'll remove the left side and outfeed extensions over the weekend, but may keep the right side extension for the moment for the extra width capacity.

The mitre gauge is currently useless, with way too much slop in the slot. I can probably rescue it by punching the bar to widen it, but I might just make a replacement bar that fits instead.

The fence is passable. It locks securely, and reliably; when attached securely it takes a fair amount of force before it starts to deflect.

Out of the box the alignment is definitely off. I can't tell for sure how far off (yet) as I was referencing off the badly fitting mitre gauge, but my DTI showed a difference of around 0.5mm between front and back of the blade. Fettling this is going to be annoying as getting to the necessary bolts for adjustment are awkward to get to, but once done it hopefully won't need to be done again.

The splitter is awkward to attach, and the attached laser guide seems like a gimmick I'll probably never use. The laser can at least be adjusted as out of the box it was a good 10 degrees off alignment with the blade. The blade guard attaches to the splitter at a pivot point that seems slightly too low, meaning the blade needs to be a few mm higher than I would set by choice for the wood to pass through without fouling on the guard. At some point I'll likely fabricate a riving knife to replace the splitter/guard assembly.

The saw is loud as I expected, but my few test cuts were cleaner than I expected even with the 24 tooth blade that came with it. Overall I'm pretty happy with what I got for the price.

The laser was 10 degrees out of alignment?! lol. I seriously wonder what QC departments do in these companies. I mean, they must have them, so someone must have checked it..but 10 degrees lol. I guess maybe it was just knocked in transit. Just made me chuckle.

Glad the rest of it seems to be holding up for you though.

Back