Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it has been asked so many times
but
time has come to purchase one
I have had the usual cheap stuff draper\clarke etc
requirements are:
smallish footprint 3' square max
no need for large sheets, I have a ts55
accuracy wanted 99% (u know what i mean), so i guess the fence quality is priority above all else
depth of cut 2" is fine for most i want to cut
45% bevel would be nice
budget £500
I keep looking for a startrite but as usual , other end of country
not adverse to a new machine, but not really the plan

any thoughts?

Steve

SteveF":250zo4ip said:
otter":250zo4ip said:
Bosch GTS 10 XC.
is it really that good?

was on top of my "new" list....spooky

Steve

I think so. Get a decent cross-cut blade for it and it's fantastic. Super accurate fence and nice and solid. Small enough to move around the workshop when needed, big enoigh to put sheets through (allbeit with a second person/judicious roller stand placement).

For the price, it's unbeatable IMO

i had a look at it at axminster
it did look good
wish they would let u play

Steve

What I would say though is that's pretty heavy (but that's a good thing I guess). You don't want to carry it around that much! I bought the red stand with it and made a lipped dolly for it to stand in, putting braked castors on the bottom. Wheels around my workshop in and out of storage easily and doubles up as a storage tray underneath.

Im sure if you are patient, the right machine will come up.

Maybe consider, startrite, multico, kity, scheppach,

Bosch GTS 10 XC:

"Typically the A-weighted noise levels of the product are:
Sound pressure level 98dB(A);
Sound power level 111dB(A).
Uncertainty K=3dB."

Dewalt 745:

"LPA (sound pressure) dB(A) 96
KPA (sound pressure uncertainty) dB(A) 3
LWA (sound power) dB(A) 109"

High, do you need a portable saw?, have you looked at the Sheppach, friend of mine who is a carpenter bought one of these to do a large job converting a real ale pub, said it was excellent and great value for money, or have you looked at the Charnwood 10 inch, i have one of these the only prob i have with it is the fence nothing else. hope this helps. regards Karl.

I've heard the Dewalt is extremely loud, by those stats, the Bosch is the same?

Although to be fair, the Bosch and the Dewalt are job site saws, so noise levels are probably last on the feature list.

If you want to buy new, have you considered the Charnwood or Axminster? (both induction so should be much quieter)

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ho ... eal-717666 £650
http://www.charnwood.net/products/produ ... athway-179 £539

I see you have already been to Axminster Tools, so have probably already seen the TS-200. I'm going to take a look at the W619 this weekend.

Have a look at the video on the above link, that is some noisy Charnwood, I don't know what is amplifying the sound, but even without the blade cutting anything that is far noisier than the Axminster IMO.

Mike

I have the 619 and it's not as noisy as on the video,I can't comment on the axminster and there is a big difference in price, go to yandles if yo opt for the charnwood they has great deals

MikeJhn":1inaqvjy said:
Have a look at the video on the above link, that is some noisy Charnwood, I don't know what is amplifying the sound, but even without the blade cutting anything that is far noisier than the Axminster IMO.

Mike

I think that is just some dodgy audio encoding. There is a video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgKBhNqzRj0 that seems to be much quieter.

I have a tablesaw which i want rid of to free up room as i cut most stuff with a tracksaw. Want a portable just for ripping small stuff and taking on the odd job i get away from the workshop.

Sorry to hijack the thread but there is common ground here i think.

the track saw is great
but I just feel i need a tablesaw for thin repeatable rips
now if my bandsaw was any good I would try to cope with that
more options above the ts200 & 250 crossed off my list
the charnwood looks good (apart from the fence)

Steve

can anyone tell me expected price to pay for a startrite table saw
single phase
ball-park figure?

Steve

There is an 8" Startrite tilt arbour saw local to me for sale at £250. Looks like it needs a good clean though but they can be had quite cheaply if you're lucky.

Back