Table saw riving knife

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spearson92

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, this novice again posting for the second time today :mrgreen:

Picked up a second hand SIP 10" table saw, model 01321, looks ok, picked it up fairly cheap. Will need a new blade so was having a look at it and noticed it hasn't got a riving knife in amongst the other parts.

Now I know there's some out there that probably don't use them as they were using saws long before these came out. But not having that much experience with table saws I feel I should have one. Trouble is I can't find this particular spare part anywhere! Phoned the official spare parts delaer which said they don't have any, no luck on eBay etc. What should I do??

I could make one but that's more hassle than its worth I'm thinking. Could I buy one made for a different model? Surely there's knives out there that cover a 10" blade with 3mm kerf which also gives a clearance of 5mm?? It would just be the fitting that would be different right?

Cheers!
Steve

I know it's not a riving knife, but short of cutting your own from sheet metal. Maybe something like this for the time being

7738d1391534820-zero-clearance-insert-splitter-saw-imageuploadedbytapatalk1391534816.139907.jpg

Latest posts

Back