Quantcast

Table saw issues EB PKF255

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I took yesterday evening some time out from other pressing work to set up my cabinet saw in the new garage.

The saw -Elektra Beckum PKF255- had been in storage for around a year, and up to now I managed quite well with the Bosch GTS-10 – but its nice to have the bigger table and sliding table to use, especially when cutting large sheets – yes the Mafell track saw is good, but to get solid 90% cuts, you cannot beat a table saw – and the Bosch table is just a little bit to small to balance big boards.

So after dragging the machine out of storage, having it cleaned and full set-up (fully levelled the 2m sliding table) I noticed that the rise and fall wasn’t working properly, and on the next turn, it completely seized. Well to be precise, I could keep turning the handle without the blade coming up or going down.
This was not how I had put it into storage – a quick inspection showed that the spindle was turning but the pull bolt wasn’t

I noticed that the pull bolt is made out of brass, so I presume that all the thread has disappeared from inside that bolt

That stopped me for the evening. I have ordered a new pull bolt from Powertool Spares – (£6, - plus shipping) but noticed that the expected dispatch date is 1st of Feb. – Great!!!

I hope all these breakdowns will stop now (I only put a new capacitor and drive belt on it last year)

Now I have to get the Bosch down from the top floor

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought to take the Sunday morning to fit the part, but what seemed to be a very quick job, became a full days work.

To replace this part

IMG_0356 by mcluma, on Flickr

As seen here

photo by mcluma, on Flickr

I had to take the saw completely apart. Which also gave me the opportunity as to investigate in more detail as to why it had seized? I thought it had to do with an earlier incorrectly executed repair but now I could clearly see as to why it had broken.

The machine has a very wired pivoting mechanism, which can be seen below

The motor hangs on a ring, with a little flange of 5mm which is just 1mm proud of the metal fixing plate

Well it’s very easy to get a lot of saw dust in there which over time will just stop any movement.

So after cleaning it I could finally start to re-assemble the machine.

The movement is now very smooth; it will now be on the list of items to watch out for

Jamesc

Established Member
Reaction score
Pleased to see you are up and running, it seems a strange way of doing things for a quality saw.

James

mbartlett99

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Thinking about buying one of these but the guy selling doesn't know a lot. Could you tell me if the saw will run off a standard 13A socket? Hows it with cutting say 50mm walnut/cherry? Cheers