Table Saw Insert Underflush

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Ern

Established Member
Reaction score
As the topic heading suggests my query is regarding how underflush a table saw insert can be before it needs 'adjustment'.
At the moment it is .015" to .020" underflush with the table. I just need someone with more experience to tell me if I need to shim it or not.
I was going to canibalise some feeler gauges but thought I'd ask the question first.

Thanks,

Sh*t! Why didn't I think of that?
But in answer to the original question, yes it does require lifting somewhat. A hard edge on a piece of timber could jam quite badly at that depth. Pushing to clear it could be dangerous when it suddenly moves.

Roy.

I also use masking tape to bring my router table insert flush. Its a bummer if its proud.

I've got a zero tol plywood insert on my K419 table which is a tad underflush so I think that couple of strips of masking tape ought to sort it out - Rob

I also tweak mine with tape to to have the front just below the table and the back ever so slightly high so the wood doesn't catch.

Back