Table saw height ajustment handels?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramers

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone know where i can get some metal height ajustment handels to swap on my saw, i dont like the plastic ones.

plus where can you get a realy nice fence from in this country?

also anyone heard about skillbuild competion? i have been selected to do it, i am so nervous. it is at bexley college tommorow (25th).

RS under Mechanical Products & Tools>Hardware>Knobs, Levers and Handles. Brace yourself for the price...

Yep, heard of Skillbuild. Good luck. :D

Cheers, Alf

one of the reasons that products have plastic handles is to stop the
actual mechanism breaking if overloaded.

certainly the mafell 160 planer has this for the thicknessing mechanism
because a plastic handle is cheaper to replace than the metal lead screws.
paul :wink:

ps good luck, just do your best, and don't panic

axminster do an upgrade fence. i got one and think its good for the money. around £50.

great replys, thanks a bunch. its things like that that would have taken me hours to find but when you know it it is easy just to type it in.

thanks guys, by-the-way even if i dont win i still get to keep the t-shirt :D

i may go for the cheap ones, do you know if they have a flat spot?

Bramers
the flat spot is typically on the shaft so that the, oh so typical grub screw has somewhere to locate and bite into without damaging the shaft and preventing the handle from being removed.

bean i said do you KNOW if they have a flat spot, not what is it for- dont worry.

if you was wondering i won the skillbuild comp :eek:ccasion5: and got £70 wothth of IRWIN tools :D i love a freebie :D

Great news about the skillbuild Bramers =D> =D> =D>

What did you have to do in the competition ?

Cheers, Paul :D

it was a gate, but not as you may imagion, it had a dove tail on one corner and a bridal, two m and t's with a haunch in between then a diagonal brace and bead board sitting on top.

it was a real good feel factor, because as you know i am 16 and all the others where 19 and over, they thought they had me but i showed them how its done :)

great to win somthing because you can tell people what you do and have done but there is nothing like a certificate to prove it is there.

i am so nackered im going to bed, my brain want's to collapse :roll:

jasonB":25px8y7y said:
Chrome & alloy handwheels here not too pricy.

Jason you are a star! :D I've been looking for handles like that to build jigs with. Those are just the job and amazingly priced too. I've seen comparable ones that are ten times the price (although I think they were bronze come to think of it).

Bramers, congrats on winning the Skillbuild.

Back