Table saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave-Jeffo

Established Member
Reaction score
So the time has come for me to buy a table saw blade. Now I understand this is like saying what car should I buy. But what/where should I buy my blade.
I also understand that you get what you pay for but I'm no professional, so I'm after a happy medium.

As me and alt can't quite decide wether my saw takes a 10" or 12" I'm going to go for a 10" blade. My arbor is 5/8"
So the question is..
Do I buy two separate blades crosscut and long grain cut. Or do I buy a combination blade?

I've been looking at Freud blades. Through what I have read on here, they seem to have good reviews and are reasonably priced. However with me wanting an imperial bore size I'm struggling to find them for sale in the UK.

What blades do people recommend, where do you recommend I get them from also could I get/ use a metric equivalent (16mm bore I believe)

Thanks Dave

I can't help much with the blade. But you can buy adaptor rings. As an example from 5/8 to 1". Maybe something along those lines may help?

Monkey Mark":1oecjhkh said:
I can't help much with the blade. But you can buy adaptor rings. As an example from 5/8 to 1". Maybe something along those lines may help?

Thanks :) I did think of making one myself on the lathe but id have to offset my riving knife the same so wanted to avoid it if possible

It really depends what you are going to be cutting. If you are ripping 3" oak then a dedicated rip saw is essential if you are just cutting 1" stuff then a combination blade is good as you do not have to swap blades.

Back