Table saw blade - which one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicknoxx

Established Member
Reaction score
I've bought a second hand table saw (Makita 2704) but it needs a new blade, and I've discovered there is an overwhelming choice of blades.

I'm planning to use it to make some kitchen units initially.

What should I look for?

Thanks again

Nick,

A little more detail about the kitchen units, are you making them fron hard wood, soft wood, MDF, chip board ........................ all affects the blade to buy. :?

Softwood but I'd like to know what would happen if I put some seasoned oak through a blade designed for softwoods.

Also I have a crosscut saw so prefer a blade designed for ripping.

I use, love and swear by Freud blades, I have used them for the past 10 years. They are very reasonably priced, will cut everything you throw at them, give you an excellent finish and have a thin kerf. Lots of people buy specific blades for different jobs ie: cross-cut and ripping, I prefer a cross-cut blade in my radial arm saw with around 60-80 teeth, but in my table saw I like something I can do anything with and get good results, for me this is a freud LP30M with around 30 teeth bearing in mind mine is only an 8" blade.

Back