Table saw blade vibration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougT

Established Member
Reaction score
Just fitted a new Freud 12" 90 teeth blade to my Scheppach TS4000 table saw and experiencing bad lateral vibration. Can someone tell me if they have had the same and how to remedy this problem......... before I send it back

Doug

Sorry if it's a case of grannies and eggs Doug, but is it worth rechecking that the blade is seating proprtly on the arbour and any mounting plate/washer properly seated too ?

Other than that I guess return the blade but they are a good make so would suprise me if it would cause that kind of proble.

Cheers, Paul. :D

most important thing with any new blade is making sure that it is fitted properly.

not sure how easy it is to put the blade on your machine, but sounds to me like the washer is not seated properly.

on my dw 744 i have to remember to lift the blade to its highest point otherwise my fingers get trapped and i cannot be sure that i have mounted the blade properly that way.

it is teaching you to suck eggs, but worth repeating.

also check all the teeth are ok.
good luck

paul :wink:

Thank to Chris and the 2 Pauls for your help. I have reinstalled the blade in the machine. It was seated properly but I gave it an extra tighten this time. Its the first time I've replaced the blade. I will know next time.
It now cuts perfectly and very please with the finish. Once again thanks

Doug

Glad you got it sorted Doug, bet you get a great finish from a blade with that many teeth :D

Cheers, Paul. :D

Latest posts

Back