Table Saw advice for under £350

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Reaction score
I know this topic has been done to death everywhere but I am still struggling with making the decision and appreciate at this price there are compromises to be made in quality and accuracy.

I am looking for a table saw in the first instance to make a load of mdf shelving box style units in a house we have just bought that has no current storage. I am also interested in making some furniture further down the road once this is done.

I have room in the garage for this to be in place permanently so portability is not an issue.

my shortlist at the moment is
Dewalt D745
Makita MLT 100
TS200 kit saw
jet JTS 315
jet JTS-10
Ryobi ETS-1526AL
Ryobi ETS 1825

I have a circular saw already that I have built a fence for so interested in the merits of sticking with that and also getting a mitre saw instead.

if anyone also happens to be selling a table saw and is not too far from Kingston I would be interested.

thanks

go secondhand- i would suggest something like a kity 618. A track saw may not be a bad option for the 1st build- the scheppach is about 220 i think. to a degree, your circular saw can be used the same, if that is what you mean by fence.

of your list, the ts200 is worth a look, but i personally probably wouldn't bother with the rest.

For me, I would go used every time.

Of the options listed, only the Dewalt and the Axi saw have cast tops, the rest being alloy or sheet steel (I may be wrong). This would be a show stopper for me. There is some anticipation for the TS250 variant which is probably a better buy over the TS200 given the differences.

A good track saw, rails and suitable workbench would be a better option IMO for your objective.

I've just bought the Axminster 200 which arrives tomorrow morning. I've read loads over the past 4 weeks and gone around in circles. *If* I had the space, I wouldn't touch a saw under £750. However, seeing as I don't have any room, the Axminster won it hands down for me. I really wanted the Makita 100 but that is a poor saw. The induction motor and cast top swung it for me in the end. I would have plumped for the Axminster 250 for £70 more but I've been waiting weeks for it to get in stock. I was tempted to go to Charnwood as they are local to me but I believe I've made the correct choice with Axminster.

For the mdf sheets I would stick with the circular saw and fence. 8 x 4 mdf panels are a pain to cut on the smaller table saws.

You can keep an eye out for a half decent second hand table saw further down the road.

Back