T-Track with matching insert track?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anybody know where you can buy a sections of matching T-Track with equal length inserts? i.e a long piece of T or square material that is machined accurately to slide inside the track.

I know people generally just make their own, but it seems as though the logical thing to do would be for the manfacturers to just supply it as an optional item along side the track. Made form the same material so that it's both stable and accurate.

I'm aware of things like the 'Zeroplay Mitre Bar System' and the 'T Track Slider Kit' from Rutlands, but I'm talking about buying long pieces of section that can be cut to size.

bah! ... looks like I missed the 'UJK Technology Mitre Slot Bar'.

Next question. Anyone know where I can find it cheaper!

UJK products are sold exclusively by Axminster I think...It's their own brand.....I dont think you will be able to buy it anywhere else.

will the mitre slot bar fit the t track?
just a thought

i have some here so could check i guess

Steve

Distinterior":2zplmv31 said:
UJK products are sold exclusively by Axminster I think...It's their own brand.....I dont think you will be able to buy it anywhere else.

Sorry - I meant a cheaper alternative

what am i talking about
mitre bar is 19mm of course it wont fit the t track

Steve

transatlantic":12kpdu4m said:
Distinterior":12kpdu4m said:

Sorry - I meant a cheaper alternative
I bought the UJK track for Axminster. Delivery is cheap, and it's not a bad price.

How about a T-track router bit if you needs loads of it?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Do you have something specific in mind or is it you just want a supply of longer lengths?

we seem to have an abundance of t track in uk, which is a good thing
t bolts \ nuts seem a bit lacking from what I can find, at what would be considered a reasonable cost
and the option of a longer bar to fit it, is non existent from what I can see

Steve

Gary":2y6p1ksu said:
Do you have something specific in mind or is it you just want a supply of longer lengths?

I have a few ideas for jigs that I wanted to build. To me it just made sense for anywhere supplying the T-Track slot track to also supply the insert track in the same lengths, so was a little surprised when I couldn't find it.

You can buy ground flat stock in both metric and imperial sections. Perhaps one of the many available sizes will fit the T track?

woodpig":1yufs33t said:
You can buy ground flat stock in both metric and imperial sections. Perhaps one of the many available sizes will fit the T track?

Yes, I had thought of that, and it's quite cheap at £4 a meter, might even be able to get the 3.2mm thickness which is only £2 a meter.

https://www.metals4u.co.uk/aluminium/fl ... (-34-x-14-)/p256

Still though, ideally, I was after the T shape :(

Yes the T shape is better if you can get it. I had to make my own T section to fit the accessory rail on my rifle for the same reason.

Latest posts

Back