Sycamore Jewellery Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
This is a jewellery box made from Ripple Sycamore with Indian Rosewood trays and lined in yellow suede. The lid consists of 22 pieces of Ripple Sycamore veneer laid out in a stepped pattern and the middle pieces are running in a different direction to show off the design. The lid is bordered with black acetal with polyester inlays. The hardware is good quality nickel and it has an ebony and aluminium escutcheon.

This is the first time I have been asked to write an article on any of my boxes. The Steps box will be appearing in January’s Good Woodworking magazine and it will come with pull out plans. http://www.getwoodworking.com/news/article.asp?a=7505

steps_2644-01copy.jpg

steps_2646-01copy.jpg

steps_2648-01copy.jpg

steps_2645-01copy.jpg

steps_2649-01copy.jpg

steps_2650-01copy.jpg

Cheers

Ian

That's a lovely box, i love the colour of the suede also.
I've just had a look at your website and you have some really nice work on there too.
Do you sell a lot of boxes?

Crisply executed...not a fan of those raised escutcheons or the yellow suede but nicely made overall - Rob

Hi Sean

The suede is applied to card with DS tape then glued on.

Mattty I work mostly to commission and produce ring boxes in batches of 20 - I would make about 20 - 25 commissions a year.

Cheers

Ian

sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anybody still have the pullout plans for this box?

I'm glad you pulled this thread back up! This box is stunning. Everything about it is so well executed. The yellow lining was unexpected but really works.

Latest posts

Back