Jewellery Box with concealed drawers.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautifull boxes =D> can you tell mewhere you get your internal material from please
Thanks
Dave

As has been said, wonderful piece. Very sophisticated yet simple. I particularly like the side handle recess. I'd love to make a piece like this.

Eoin

Just when I thought mine were getting better Ian has to go and post this beaut, oh well back to the drawing board. #-o

Andy

Thanks guys - the suede from GH leathers.

The above image is open computer generated and the handles and a few other things did not appear on the final piece.

cheers

Ian

What type of hinge do you use for the drop-down front? I guess you can't use pins as it would clash?

thanks

Aidan

Ian":p893kki3 said:
No I used 3 mm brass rod and then plugged the ends with walnut.

Cheers

Ian

Ok, one more question, or perhaps two...

Is the bottom corner of the sides releived to allow the front to rotate?

Plugging a through hole is certainly the most accurate and robust way to do it, but given the quality of your work, doesn't it detract a lot from the finish? I'm quite surprised you'd do this without veneering over it

Aidan

That's an inspiring piece Ian. I plan to make a jewelry box in the not too distant future and might very well use some of your ideas, although I doubt very much that it will look anything like the quality you have produced here - absolutely beautiful.

regards

Brian

That's stunning. Without a doubt its the most accurate and precise work I've ever seen.

If I manage half of what you can accomplish before I pop my clog's I'd be doing well.

Hello Ian - echo all that has been said before - stunning piece.

Quick question for a newbie planning a document box in the near future - i was wondering about the base/lid - do you use a solid wood base, or a veneered panel at all? And similarly for the lid. What was the means of setting the base/lid into the sides? I am guessing you bandsawed the lid from the box body?

Thanks

Hi Wouldchuk

The lid and base are veneered MDF - the box is made up as a whole and the lid seperated at the bandsaw.

Hope that helps

Good luck with the Doc box:)

Ian

Latest posts

Back