Couple of boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andersonec

Established Member
Reaction score
Couple of recent boxes I made for people, 1 is American Black Walnut with Maple trays. I used one of Ian Hawthornes spring loaded catches, excellent bit of kit but you have to be very accurate when fitting, just push in the button and up pop's the lid, The second is Cherry with Anigre, Walnut and Zebrano veneer on the lid and was for a lady in London whose initials were,,, can you guess?

Walnut Jan 15 A.jpg

Walnut Jan 15 C.jpg

More Ian Hawthornes hardware used in this one, the neat hinges and neat lock are just excellent bits of kit and add that bit of quality when needed.

CET box 1.jpg

CET box 3.jpg

CET box 4.jpg

Andy

Attachments

• Walnut Jan 15 A.jpg
    Walnut Jan 15 A.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,178
  • Walnut Jan 15 C.jpg
    Walnut Jan 15 C.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,178
  • CET box 1.jpg
    CET box 1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,178
  • CET box 3.jpg
    CET box 3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,178
  • CET box 4.jpg
    CET box 4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,178
Cracking boxes Andy.
I have some of Ian's hardware but have yet to make a box worthy of them. Yours do them proud.

Beautiful boxes andy, can I ask do you have a veneer vac pump system or do you use clamps also did you do the lettering yourself
thanks dave

Thank you. The quality looks good, the price looks like it reflects the quality. i'm about to do some boxes and want quality so will give them a go.

Stunning Andy, lovely job. The blue works well, I've only done a couple and used red lining, the blue looks much classier.

Back