Sycamore bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a go at colouring. I am still experimenting with lots of things at the moment.

The bowl is Sycamore, I left a wide rim so that I had a platform for some colour.

Also I have been meaning to have a go with the jo sonja paints that I brought.

C & C welcome

2014-07-21002003_zps53a44314.jpg

2014-07-21002007_zps1b2887a7.jpg

You don't say C&C, but seeing as I like it, I doubt you'll mind!;

Very neat.
I really like the clean lines and sharp contrast between the wood and the colouring. The effect of 'bubbles' or dappling is really nice.
Plus, you've got a lovely bottom! :wink:

Thanks for sharing

Greg

gregmcateer":1858de52 said:
You don't say C&C, but seeing as I like it, I doubt you'll mind!;

Very neat.
I really like the clean lines and sharp contrast between the wood and the colouring. The effect of 'bubbles' or dappling is really nice.
Plus, you've got a lovely bottom! :wink:

Thanks for sharing

Greg

Thank you Greg I think especially about the bottom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking asides thank you for the comment I have added C & C

That's very nice Derek, perfect colour choice too, being just about bang on for best contrast. (blue and biege are one of my favourite colour combinations, first seen together in nature on a "Brown's Rosella" a pair of which I aspired to in my aviculture days, but could not afford)

northern_rosella_litchfield_small.jpg

I have often fancied a bash at that. Do you fill the inlay with the blue stuff then polish on the lathe or do you finish the piece then fill with the blue stuff?

midnightlunchbox":2mndptzw said:
I have often fancied a bash at that. Do you fill the inlay with the blue stuff then polish on the lathe or do you finish the piece then fill with the blue stuff?

The bowl is turned then masked off for the ring and then painted black, once dry I applied blue Iridescent paint. Again once dry sealed with a spray on lacquer

Back