Sycamore 1 - Chain Link Fence 0

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMUK

Established Member
Reaction score
A bit of background to this. A lovely old lady used to live next door to my parents. Back in the late 1970's my dad removed two dying sycamore trees from the botton of the garden, leaving a couple of very young saplings. He had a general tidy up and put some chain link fencing across the bottom of the garden. Now a biking mate of mine lives next door and he asked me to clear the bottom of the garden - he's never ventured down there since he moved in and amongst all the building rubbish from the cowboy who refurbished the house after the old lady died, it was a fauna haven for various wildlife, mostly of the amphibian kind :D

Anyway, I've cleared the rubbish and created a nice froggy haven in the back corner out of the mulch and various bits of rotting fauna. I came across this, nature refusing to give way to mankind. It's awesome, I've never seen anything like this before. You can see where the tree has grown through the fence and then healed itself with permanent scars.

DSC_0269_zpsec1a1019.jpg

DSC_0270_zpsdeef5b3b.jpg

DSC_0271_zpsefa5c4c2.jpg

DSC_0272_zps58d3811f.jpg

I remember in the 80's picking up timber from a sawmill near Lincoln, the owner showed me a butt with a flintlock pistol embedded in it.

mrtree":2o4d3khf said:
I remember in the 80's picking up timber from a sawmill near Lincoln, the owner showed me a butt with a flint lock pistol embedded in it.

Was that the butt of a would-be burgler? :lol:

Latest posts

Back