SuperNova 2 Chuck for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark sanger

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a nova 2 chuck with 50mm jaws for sale. M33 x 3.5 thread including chuck key. Good condition.

Please note (this chuck does NOT have an insert so can not be changed from this thread) So unless you have m33 x 3.5 it will not fit.

£85 including postage

any one interested please email me at [email protected]

take care

Mark

Please note this chuck DOES NOT TAKE AN INSERT.

IT CAME SPECIFICALLY MADE UP FOR M33 X 3.5 so you can buy as many inserts as you like but they won't fit.

If I don;t sell it I will have to buy another lathe to fit the chuck. :roll:

Hmm, How odd, I have 5 SN2 chucks. Three are the old 120mm dia and two 100mm newer variety.
The 120mm type have the 33x3.5pitch screw cut directly into the chuck yet I have inserts that fit each one so I can move the chucks back and forth between my Woodfast and two other purpose built lathes which I have 1"x10tpi
The inserts were bought locally where I live with no dramas and have been in service for about 4 years now.
:?:

Now you've got me thinking, I will look into to this further to see how I managed this seemingly impossible task

I'm interested Mark, but alas no folding stuff right now. If it doesn't sell I'll have it next month

hughey":2c37o4wz said:
Hmm, How odd, I have 5 SN2 chucks. Three are the old 120mm dia and two 100mm newer variety.
The 120mm type have the 33x3.5pitch screw cut directly into the chuck yet I have inserts that fit each one so I can move the chucks back and forth between my Woodfast and two other purpose built lathes which I have 1"x10tpi
The inserts were bought locally where I live with no dramas and have been in service for about 4 years now.

Now you've got me thinking, I will look into to this further to see how I managed this seemingly impossible task

Hughey

I am probably confusing things I can not get an insert to go from 33 x 3.5 up to 1 1/4 inch 8.

The company I spoke to said I could not get an insert to go to the 33 x 3.5 of course I am not thinking about going smaller.

Are you interested in purchasing it if so let me know.

wizer":lqblqs83 said:
I'm interested Mark, but alas no folding stuff right now. If it doesn't sell I'll have it next month

I am now thinking about keeping it to put onto a carving arbour.

If not sold in the next day or two.

hughey":2vmtsbix said:

hughey, I think what you have are exserts (adaptors) which extend the chuck out from the spindle as opposed to setting the chuck as near to the spindle collar as with a normal insert.
Some people have problems with exserts on their lathes due to run-out problems which is increased by the extension.

Back