Superglue advice wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikegtr

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Which brand of superglue will fix wood to wood? Only for very small area's--perhaps one or two spots of superglue for the purpose--example veneer to veneer. I have found that not all superglue will do that. Any idea what to look for on the tube / bottle that sticks wood to wood--what do you use?

According to how dense the wood is that would determine the viscosity of the CA, thin/medium/thick and the setting time needed, not a question of which one more of what type.

I use thin CA on MDF if I have to use a screw for fixing, first drill an undersize pilot hole then put the screw in to form the thread, remove the screw, drip thin CA into the hole until it will not adsorb anymore, wait a few minute's then attach whatever you want.

For general use around the workshop including securing to bed of the CNC with blue tape I have found EverBuild normal viscosity to be the best performing and i always use an acitvator, Bond It Glue Master activator
For wood to wood weather its for a jig or for a product to sell I always use Titebond I use all 3 viscosity's depending on the wood and type of joint again always with Bond It Glue Master activator

Shop around as there is a massive difference in price from various suppliers

I buy my EverBuild in bulk from a local supplier 48 x 50g bottles at a time. and keep them in an airtight lidded bucket with the ones i don't use so often in the workshop fridge.

I wonder how long it will be before there is a restriction on the amount that can be purchased due to the current fashion of people gluing themselves to various roads and building

Back