Super-recognisers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 11 (and I made a 1 typo mistake but obviously don't know if I would have got it right). I've always thought I was pretty good at this sort of thing as I have spotted people in the past who I haven't seen for 20 years. They usually don't recognise me!

I can normally recognise people I've met, even ages ago. I very rarely have the slightest idea who they are until an hour or two later. At best.

Eleven with SWMBO talking to me about...err... something with spots in? That will cost yet more money this Christmas....

I'm always getting folks saying hello to me who clearly recognise me but who I haven't got a clue who they are & that test did nothing to prove the good lady wife wrong :?

Only six, so I can add that to the ever growing list of things I am no good at. :?

Car number plates are the big no, no, can’t even remember my own.

Telephone numbers, don’t even go there.

Take care.

Chris.

Thanks for the link Steve!

My results: 11/14
It's maybe significant that, like all of my test images, I'm a caucasian male. It would be interesting to see the performance statistics for different combinations of test subjects and test image sets.

Did everybody have the rogue's gallery of multiple mugshots display at a distorted aspect ratio after every individual mugshot? I don't know if it was a deliberate challenge, or just Chrome not rendering the page correctly.

I'm sure they'll have accounted for it in their analysis plan, but here'll be a big difference between alerted detection (i.e. we'll show you a face and then ask you to recognise this face in 20 seconds time) and more typical observation patterns.

doctor Bob":2z9ginqr said:
They all look like wrong'uns, bang em up..............
Got to agree with doctor Bob here, can't be too careful...

KevM":2b8clhlk said:
Did everybody have the rogue's gallery of multiple mugshots display at a distorted aspect ratio after every individual mugshot? I don't know if it was a deliberate challenge, or just Chrome not rendering the page correctly.

Certainly does that in Firefox. I thought it was deliberate - can you still recognise them when the image isn't great (as most CCTV images are pretty awful).

Latest posts

Back