Sun Machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Established Member
Reaction score
Kudos for the first to guess what it is!

_J3R8033.jpg

Made from the scrap bin, just had to buy some black paint and a sheet of 4mm glass...

Bon App'

I'm guessing a solar cooker. Sun shines on the tongue sticking out the front and the warm / hot air rises up and cooks the food slowly over the course of the day.

Failing that it's a solar water heater for a bird bath :D

wobblycogs":35hyoow1 said:
I'm guessing a solar cooker. Sun shines on the tongue sticking out the front and the warm / hot air rises up and cooks the food slowly over the course of the day.

Failing that it's a solar water heater for a bird bath :D

Yep! Sun dried tomatoes in an instant... And they taste great!!

The box gets up to 65 degrees in full sun, even managed to cook a decent pizza in 5 hours.....

Russ

I've been fascinated by solar cookers since I first read about them but I've not got round to building one yet, it was down as a project for this year but baby stopped play.

Is that 65 deg C in SW France or here in rain soaked Blighty? Since we get such weak sunshine here I was going to take a crack at using mirrors to improve the collection area. My goal is to make a box that will get up to 100 deg C.

Back