stumped before i start

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musomaniac

Established Member
Reaction score
hi everyone , i've just bought a perform ccsl lathe which is my first ever lathe , i really fancy learning and having a go at turning , but .......... as this was a secondhand purchase , i cannot find a manual for it , and i dont know how to chwnge the chuck , does the big nut need to be loosened off , or does it tap out ?
the picture will make my

20150616_133109_zpsgzqrmxvp.jpg

Post Mod edited to display image.

If you go to http://www.axminster.co.uk/manuals/ choose woodturning then near the bottom of the list is the manual.

To get that piece out which is a drive centre you put a bar in the other side of the headstock and knock it out, it is all explained in the manual.

john

yep just realised it was tapered , feel stupid now for asking the question lol , lots more to come though i think , thwnks for the link

just tried to download the manual , all i get is oops page not found , it only happens on the perform ccsl link though , all the other manual links work , maybe they do not do a manual for this lathe anymore
would downloading the ccl manual help at all ?

musomaniac":2dm372er said:
yep just realised it was tapered , feel stupid now for asking the question lol , lots more to come though i think , thwnks for the link

No question is stupid only the one you don't ask.

I know many will say here we go again but they will still answer when they can so ask away. Being new to turning get a copy of Keith Rowley's book "Woodturning A Foundation course" also find a club local to you where you can get hands on with other turners.

Latest posts

Back