Strong enough visor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
After getting clouted in the face with a 2.5 pound piece of wood flying off the lathe and not wanting to repeat the experience I am now feeling super cautious about turning and wondering what if anything is on the market to protect the individual (ie me) from such a missile in the future?. I just had safety glasses on when the piece flew off which fortunately did their job with my eyes and I then tend to finish/sand a piece with my powered Aircap (a Powercap clone made by the same company) full face visor which I can`t remember what the impact rating is but I`m not sure if it would have helped today??. A search on Google comes up with various visors with a rating of EN166 1.F.3 apparently ok for `flying particles` whatever they are???. Before I got my Aircap I also tried the Trend which I found a bit too heavy to wear comfortably for any length of time so it looks like maybe a full face extra strong visor where I can wear glasses underneath and a separate paper/cloth type filter for the dust might be the thing for me but any advice welcome please?
Regards
Steve

Steve

Good decision to sort a face shield

I have a trend airshield and have used it regularly for over 4 years now , no battery trouble still on the originals

The later version is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7thRSaiXyE

Worth ever penny

I had a quick look around and these look to be the cheapest , the price includes UK delivery

http://www.toolite.org.uk/trend-airshield-p-375.html

Also a earlier face shield post with some good comments see the link

face-shield-t51028.html?hilit=face%20shield

PS I don't work for Trend :mrgreen:

Ever since an early scare with flying wood I have had and used the JSP version.

I find it comfortable to wear

Whichever make you choose I think it well worth it

I too have been using the Trend Airshield (Old Version) 4 years.

To justify the strength of the visor I also had a bowl blank leave the lathe because I forgot to check the speed before starting, it removed the whole visor and my glasses and I was unscathed apart from my pride!

Yes, I would heartily recommend.

The new version is better balanced than the old and would make wearing for hours much easier, but I cannot find the readies to replace it just yet!!

Regards Peter.

Back