Strictly Come Rigging....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. To me dancing is like that chap from the Jim Rose Circus who could lift weights with piercings through his bits, or top-level golf. Clearly a lot of skill involved, but unwatchable.
Watching most 'sport' I agree can be tedious - certainly Golf, Football, Rugby, Cricket - (have I offended a sufficient proportion of the readership? :ROFLMAO: ) but 'Dance' is an art-form (as well as a sport!). I can recommend watching the Spielberg re-make of West Side Story to get a lift from a dance spectacle.

It just doesn't do anything for me - I almost find it embarrassing to watch. I can appreciate the skill and co-ordination and fitness and so on involved, and I'm not knocking it for anyone who enjoys it.

Sorry - I try my best not to post about things I don't like, but I'm not a particularly good person.

I watch very little TV. I can safely sum up my entire TV viewing as follows: Moto GP and Isle of Man TT, Henry Cole shows, WWII & WWI Documentaries, Guy Martin's Whatever and war films.

And Strictly. I absolutely love it. That joyful three month orgy of spray tan and glitter gets me through the grim reality that is September to December in Northern England. I think this year, for once, the best four couples made it to the last four. Rose will win, even if it's for no other reason than me personally ringing up the voting line 6000 times. I'm with Anton, I cry every time I watch her dance. The reason I cry is because she makes me feel like I'm watching one of my own kids. I don't know why. I think John has been brilliant, especially for a such a big bloke. Also because his partnership with Johannes caused a certain demographic to lose their s**t. AJ is now out of it because of her injury.

When I was about 17, my parents revisited their ballroom dancing days from their youth and joined a club in the local town.
When Mum wasn't around, Dad said to me " You want to get yourself down there son. It's full of young women that have to dance with each other because there's literally no young blokes at all".

Did I listen to my old man? Of course not. Do I regret that? Damn right I do.

I cant dance but I enjoy Strictly - one of the few series that I continue to watch on terrestrial television.

The contestants need to appeal to a variety of viewers - a diverse range of contestants increases viewing figures (which the BBC wants) and increases charity donations or Children In Need (which I hope everybody wants).

If the judges vote in a biased or unbiased way, I have no idea, I am not a dance expert. If the public votes in a biased or unbiased way, I'd suggest yes, just like any mass audience show, they vote for the ones they like, often independently of their talent. There's nothing new in that. It could be argued that it adds to the appeal.

Watching most 'sport' I agree can be tedious - certainly Golf, Football, Rugby, Cricket - (have I offended a sufficient proportion of the readership? :ROFLMAO: ) but 'Dance' is an art-form (as well as a sport!). I can recommend watching the Spielberg re-make of West Side Story to get a lift from a dance spectacle.
Surprised you missed "All That Jazz", or doesn't that count. My ex made me see that - twice

I don't dance but I remember a sage friend of mine who said " Dancing is a pre-mating ritual, and if there is no mating going to happen then why waste the energy"
I heard dancing once described as “the vertical manifestation of horizontal desires” which is just a fancy way to repeating what you said,,

I have long realised that there are two groups of people in this world. There are those in one group who light up a room as soon as they enter. Rose is definitely in that group.

However, it would seem that the majority of posters in this thread are intent in remaining in the other.

I've had a go at ballroom dancing and quite enjoyed it....
even tripping over to my late partners feet.....
some old guy about 80 said get up and carry on......hahaha.....

I would watch it but I find that the know all-know nothing judges just ruin the show.....
Like all those kinda shows.....not interested in self appointed experts.....
Especially I dont need an opinion from a (Northern Delacacy) showing his, it, her female 1/2...

I would watch it but I find that the know all-know nothing judges just ruin the show.....
Like all those kinda shows.....not interested in self appointed experts.....

Before confirming your bigotry and showing us your prejudices, why don't you do some research and look at the biographies of the judges ?

Suffolkboy,
I'm with u.....
I still use the knots I learnt in Scouts.....

woodieallen,
it's the rubbish that comes out of their Gxb's that annoy's me.......regardless of experience.....
just look at Cameron and Corbin.....just the same ilk.....

That’s a bit harsh. Just curious woodieallen, what sort of age are you pls?
I don't think it harsh at all. Coming out with a sweeping generalisation such as 'self-appointed experts' without bothering to actually do any research into their credentials.

My age is irrelevant.

woodieallen,
it's the rubbish that comes out of their Gxb's that annoy's me.......regardless of experience.....
just look at Cameron and Corbin.....just the same ilk.....

You do like your sweeping generalisations, I'll say that for you.

Back