Strange Food Habits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love liver pate, even the Ardenne chunky stuff - actual liver is abhorrent.
Celery is abhorrent, it just is.
Like aniseed flavor - cannot stand Fennel
Celery is still abhorrent, it just is.
Not massively enamoured of Gherkins and will generally pick them out, but really like Picallilli, tartar sauce, and a bunch of other things I know have Gherkins in and I don't pick them out even when I can see them.
I really don't like Celery.
Don't like Swede - but I like "Potch" (swede and carrot mashed together).
Same here for Marmite and twiglets (hate the former, love the second)

Ohhh century eggs - yummy - my Cantonese friend at boarding school got me onto those, ok they were not quite century eggs, but had still been steeped in really good Soy sauce for some time, incredibly salty though.

Last edited:
It's strange how your tastes can change over the years. I used to like celery, but I'm not so keen now.
As a child I liked eggs, now they turn my stomach, especially as my daughter eats them, almost coddled with the whites still runny.

Nigel.

Love liver pate, even the Ardenne chunky stuff - actual liver is abhorrent.
Celery is abhorrent, it just is.
Like aniseed flavor - cannot stand Fennel
Celery is still abhorrent, it just is.
Not massively enamoured of Gherkins and will generally pick them out, but really like Picallilli, tartar sauce, and a bunch of other things I know have Gherkins in and I don't pick them out even when I can see them.
I really don't like Celery.
Don't like Swede - but I like "Potch" (swede and carrot mashed together).
Same here for Marmite and twiglets (hate the former, love the second)

Ohhh century eggs - yummy - my Cantonese friend at boarding school got me onto those, ok they were not quite century eggs, but had still been steeped in really good Soy sauce for some time, incredibly salty though.

Not a fan of celery or liver
But love the pate in my Beef Wellington and like a stick of celery with a ham Sarney.

John

Sausage and marmalade samich 😋 saw a young lad on jim'll fix it donkeys years ago (yeah i know 😒... i must've been 15-16 at the time), they 'fixed it' for him to order sausage and lime marmalade sandwich at the Dorchester (or some other swanky eatery) i liked the look/sound of it, tried it, omg deeelish. Everyone says "bleurrgghhh...." but when i ask 'do you like Chinese sweet and sour.? same thing just in a handy bread package 👍

Like all beans except broad beans 🤮

Mint sauce on everything 😋

Dark chocolate has to just melt in the mouth, dont crunch it euwww....

Love Cheese but why add all these odd things to it:-
Cheese with Cranberries or sage or figs or onions or any fruit: it's just WRONG. Chives, just about OK

Beetroot ; Roast it and serve with roast beef, lovely, it's probably the horseradish sauce that helps.

Phil

Don't forget. If it's Cadbury's then it's now American chocolate, which always did seem 'gŕeasy' to me. Ughhh!

John

Might be American owned but the recipes haven’t changed. Try a Hershey’s bar and you’ll soon see the difference!

Love any lamb dish but not with mint. Prefer my meat fatty and the less cooked vegetables with it the better, salad is much nicer
Crispy bacon in half an avocado.
Proper South African made biltong.

Trainee neophyte. Beetroot was always meant to be pickled. I agree, without the vinegar it isn't very nice. Similar can be said for Stilton. It stinks to high heaven, but oh what a taste; especially with a glass of Taylor's Port. I guess it's down to taste in the end. Wouldn't do for all of us to like the same things. Yum-yum foŕ Christmas!

John

Raw beetroot sliced finely served alongside kippers, toast and poached eggs. No vinegar necessary.

Part boiled sliced beetroot fried in garlic butter. Used to cook the center rib of spinach leafs this way at the end of the season when they were getting a bit woody dropped in a slice of part cooked beet by accident been cooking it like that for 40 years now.

Back