Straight Edge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi guys

22 quid for a straight edge to help me set up my T/P
www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cg ... ,0,0,1|43|

Does anyone have a better idea, as it pains me to think this is my only option. I cant find any local fabricators to mill me a piece of aluminium completely flat, so if anyone knows anyone in the Kent area it would be appreciated.

I have straight edges, but you really need that 1/4" wifth so it stands on its own.

Cheers in advance.

biglouie":jwceixr6 said:
I have straight edges, but you really need that 1/4" wifth so it stands on its own.
Have you thought about using double-sided tape to attach pieces of steel/Tufnol/hardwood to each end of a steel straight edge - one either side and at each end to hold it upright? Just a thought

Scrit

Find you local metal stockist, get yourself a piece of extruded aluminium, when its formed its extruded straight to a very high tolererance, something like 0.03mm if i remember rightly. A piece of 60x6 flat bar should do it nicely!

I found that setting up the T/P is so easy using a tip with magnets from this forum. I am not sure who posted it but it works great. Rare Earth magnets are set into some MDF and placed on the outfeed table then the blades are held by the magnets and tightened. Hey presto! the blades are set level with the outfeed table! worked great for me too. Do a search it is on here somewhere or maybe the author will reply to this post with the setup. :wink:

mailee":10unde59 said:
I found that setting up the T/P is so easy using a tip with magnets from this forum. I am not sure who posted it but it works great. Rare Earth magnets are set into some MDF and placed on the outfeed table then the blades are held by the magnets and tightened. Hey presto! the blades are set level with the outfeed table! worked great for me too. Do a search it is on here somewhere or maybe the author will reply to this post with the setup. :wink:

Look here[url] :D

Brad

Hi

Don`t know if its any use to you but I use a large magnet (base of old cb airial) that was used on the car roof its round and about 5" in size. holds the blades for you to replace etc; simple and works.
Norman

Back