Stoptober, anyone got a result?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMF

Established Member
Reaction score
Well more of a thanks really, a while back i read on here about some folks success with e-cigs and thought i'd have a go so thanks to you lot and VIP i've been smoke free for the last three and a bit weeks, result! :D

So anyone else had a go? You can make your own stopvember i reckon if not, it is much easier than i thought and i already feel the difference so if your life still involves ashtrays and the like then give it a bash please (hammer)

Dean

I'll be honest, I enjoy my roll ups too much at the moment. They do wonders to keep me calm and get my brain working when I'm in the workshop :)

DMF":21icvn2w said:
Well more of a thanks really, a while back i read on here about some folks success with e-cigs and thought i'd have a go so thanks to you lot and VIP i've been smoke free for the last three and a bit weeks, result! :D

So anyone else had a go? You can make your own stopvember i reckon if not, it is much easier than i thought and i already feel the difference so if your life still involves ashtrays and the like then give it a bash please (hammer)

Dean

Well done Dean keep up the good work, it will be 4 years ago tomorrow since I gave up. I would not say that it was easy and there are days that I still feel like a puff but these are getting few and far between now.

Cheers

Mike

MMUK":20k41mg3 said:
I'll be honest, I enjoy my roll ups too much at the moment. They do wonders to keep me calm and get my brain working when I'm in the workshop :)

I did too but i have to say these do a better job as far as a smoking experience goes, no more forgetting papers on the way home and having to go back out again etc etc keeps me much calmer, the only problem was the first week, made it too easy really - must of been main lining nicotine because i didn't have to pause to roll up and it didn't go out! Must of been a few times i had the equivalent of 5 roll ups in a row!

Mike, thank you and i'm already losing the connection with it so hopefully i'll be at that stage soon, years seem to go past like months anyway so that should help!

Phil :lol: I've already lost count! Sterling job though if it still evokes that kind of memory, fair play :)

Dean

Dean

The thing that concerns me with e-cigs is that they are not regulated. Some of the ingredients I've seen listed on e-liquid bottles are a damned site worse for you than nicotine!

I gave up last August and haven't smoked since, despite my partner still smoking roll-ups. I'm still addicted to nicotine mints, though, but I guess they are not as bad for you and they're way cheaper than ciggies!

I gave up smoking some 30 odd years ago, but I still sometimes smoke in my dreams, how odd is that ???

Kym thats my next step hopefully, a bit of nicotine is nothing compared with all that tar etc so i'll keep that for a bit!

Frank, really odd is the best answer i can think of but we all have our own oddities! I've got my own of course but that's a story for another day :oops:

Dean

well done, i gave up about 6 months ago using e-cigs i wouldnt of managed it without them and like you i was surprised by how easy it was, not to mention how much cheaper it is

I have managed to stay smoke free through Stoptober, I found the iphone app a real help when things got a little difficult.

Still have the odd moment when I feel like a ciggy but have started running again last week and thinking which Festool to buy with the money saved from not smoking.

Regards,

Andy

Cheers Toast :) glad to hear it worked for you, Andy may your life contain much Festool! Hopefully I'll cut out the ecigs soon as well because I've been given permission to turn my smoking fund in my woodwork fund as well so that's another incentive.

Thanks,

Dean

We'll done DMF keep up the good work, we can do it! Just think of all those nasty ciggies turning into grey & green boxes of fun (Festool heaven).

Andy.

Latest posts

Back