Stiles and Bates show 11th & 12th June ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

By chance I happened on a link to the S&B show. Completely forgot about it this year. Their website does not list any demonstrators, other than Record Power and Sorby?

Anyone else know if there are going to be Pro-Turners demonstrating?

I find it strange that there's nothing about demonstrators on their site. I don't need any wood or tools, so I don't think I'm going to bother. Have fun Dave. Let us know how you get on.

I'd totally missed any emails etc that listed this - not that I have a shopping list this year (bought my record CL4 from them a few years ago).

I can't go now as have booked a wedding anniversary spa weekend, so can watch the world go round rather than wood javascript:emoticon(':D

Dave

It's strange how low key they have played it. I remember looking on their site around Jan and there not being any info.

I might go down there on Say if Dave says there are some pro's exhibiting. Maybe there's an issue with it being the same date at the Spalding do?

wizer":3b43x6rs said:
I find it strange that there's nothing about demonstrators on their site. I don't need any wood or tools, so I don't think I'm going to bother. Have fun Dave. Let us know how you get on.

are you feeling okay tom - you can get counseling for that you know ;) :lol:

Well just back - was very quiet there compared to last year, maybe due to the weather as well as lack of email notice. :?

Not as many stalls there either - no Crown Tools or the guy selling magazines. 3 main demos - Nigel ? from Robert Sorby, Chris Wedlake turning Fruit (www.wedlakeoriginals.co.uk) and Mark Baker turning some nice burl bowls.

Record Power also doing a bit of turning but mainly showing their range.

Layout of the Sorby stand was a bit cramped. The Pro-edge being demonstrated within about 10' of Nigel was a bit distracting.

All in all as it is free entry plus 10% discount I am glad I went :)

Oh an if you do go - dont stand in front of the demos talking to your mates and not even looking like a few were doing today :evil: :wink:

Dave

Cheers Dave. I'll give it a miss this year. It astounds me that people go to turning demonstrations than then sit there gassing. Apart from being down right rude, it's incredibly distracting for the demonstrator.

It's a shame they played it low key this year. Maybe last year wasn't very successful for them or generally are having poor sales performance. It's a lovely place, ideal for a good show.

wizer":ckuxrt81 said:
Cheers Dave. I'll give it a miss this year. It astounds me that people go to turning demonstrations than then sit there gassing. Apart from being down right rude, it's incredibly distracting for the demonstrator.

And it stopped a few people getting closer to see what was going on :x

Dave

Latest posts

Back