Startrite ta175

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gareth85

Reaction score
Hi I have this saw. I have problem with the fence not being parallel with the blade. Is there anything that wears out or can be adjusted. When locked the fence is solid but when moving the rear has a bit of play.

Any help?

Gareth
Have you tried undoing the allen nuts on the fence locking system and then playing with them to move it. I had the same issue but i got it now that i push the fence slight to the left to make parallel before i lock it and then its done, its spot on. Obviously not ideal, but it works.

Hi

Until recently I had a Startrite 165 and also used the same model saw at my place of work. On both machines I found that if when adjusting the saw to the width of the desired cut, I placed the fence further out than I wanted it and then moved it in towards the blade to the width i wanted with the fine adjuster this set it perfectly square. Could be worth a try before adjusting anything.

second what vankou wrote. If you always move the fence in toward the blade it stays true . If the clamping works loose then there is a grub screw on the back clamping arm of the fence which can adjust the pressure
Matt

Hi. Thanks for replies. I've been in garage to look at it. I believe the blade is parallel to the mitre slots. If I line up the fence to the edge of the mitre slot the rear is out by a few MM. If I force it before I clamp it it will be nearly parallel. I undo the 3 Allen bolts on the clamping rail thinking it could be adjusted but it's not adjustable. Is there anything I can do to adjust it.

Thanks
Gareth

Back