Startrite SP147 bandsaw - any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
My Dad had a call from a guy he's friends with at a scrapyard who's getting a delivery of a startrite SP147 bandsaw. Well, I think it's that model - I did a search on here and based on the photo Dad had and a Hudson-Carpentry photo from a post a while ago they look identical. I'll find out more on Thursday when Dad sees it.

Definitely a 3 wheel machine. I got really excited at the word Startrite but was less excited when I found out it was a 3 wheeler but am I wrong to discount a Startrite just because it's got 3 wheels?

It's got a 10 speed gearbox which is rare apparently.

Not really sure the advantages and disadvantages but does any one know anything about this bandsaw and whether it would be better than the Multico 14" 2 wheeler I currently have?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jennifer,

Just about to dismantle mine. Its not selling and I really need the room plus some of the bits will be useful. It seems a really good machine, built well and judging by the work from the firm I brought it from its pretty decent for its power. I would love to get a single phase motor for it or even a 3phase converter just to play with it.

Sorry can't help with whether its better than a multico as I know nothing about them. If the 14" is a table measurement then the startrite has a bigger 16" I think.

Thanks HC. I had read your posts but guess not many people have this bandsaw. I'll see what Dad says when he sees it.

Back