Startrite SD310 P/T Dirve Belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurreyHills

Established Member
Reaction score
I have managed to shred the drive belt on my P/T. Does anybody else have one of these machines and know the dimensions of the belt. There's nothing in the manual to give me a clue.

Cheers
Andy

Broken drive belts. For this very reason, I do urge people to take the guarding off and make note of the number written on the drive belts.
These people may be a good start for you to belt up!
http://scosarg.com/startrite-sd310-plan ... 3-hss.html
Should that not be the case, then do you're best to get the correct belt section and size, and then
measure the final length. Regards Rodders

Thanks for the replies - I'll make a few calls tomorrow. Danny appreciate the offer, if I can't get a sensible answer out of one the suggested contacts I may come back to you.

I looked this afternoon. Its a ribbed belt. Continental FO 12.5 x 1060 La Z
Startrite_SD310a.jpg

Hope this helps you
Danny

Attachments

• Startrite_SD310a.jpg
    Startrite_SD310a.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 67
That's really good of you - thanks it will help me get the right size. Both Record Power and Alt Saws suggested contacting each other!

Cheers
Andy

I've just replace the secondary drive belt on my Kity. I could measure the length, but when I bought a replacement from my local motor factors, although it was the right length, I couldn't get it on because it was too thick, there wasn't enough clearance between the pulley and the cover. The original was flat, this was a V.
So I took it back and they rummage around and got me something that was flatter. Not the same as the original, but near enough. I've fitted it and it works perfectly, and because it is considerably more substantial than the original, I'm hoping it will last for ever.
So check your local motor factors, you may be surprised.

New belt ordered - thanks for the link Rodders. Didn't think to use my local motor spares. Will bear that in mind next time - hopefully not needed.

Latest posts

Back