Startrite paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diarmaid

Reaction score
I recently got a wee startrite table saw on ebay and want to restore it, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0445698564 it doesnt really need too much apart from a bit of a clean up and a fresh coat of paint.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any paint that would match it? Apologies if its a question thats been asked many times before.

All the best,
Diarmaid

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You could try these people for your paint, the quality es excellent and when I was looking to match the colour of my lathe they had all the details even though they don't list the colours as being available. You can get in touch with them via their Ebay store at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Stationary-Engine-Parts-Ltd.

Usual disclaimer, I have nothing to do with these people other than a satisfied customer.

Regards

James

Diarmaid:

Firstly, congrats on getting real bargain! The inverter alone is worth £140. Followed by another £100+ for the 3-phase motor....btw what power ratings are the inverter / motor?

Paint: I bought a can of Rustoleum "Painter's Touch" spray-paint: it's the best spray paint I've ever used. The colours available are limited, but I'm not too keen on Startrite green anyway...... they have a mid-green and a darker British racing green closer to "Record" Green.

John

Hi John,

thanks! its much better than the clarke saw i had been using (it was too friggin loud and the plywood used to splinter quite a bit...though it served its purpose for as long as i needed it to).

took a while to get a photo of the plate on the motor i could read

the motor is a dual voltage brook gryphon one, 1.25 hp

the invertor is a kasuga kvfh output 7.5 A 3.0KVA theres a digital readout on it and a wee wheel thing in the top right corner

its much quieter and smoother cutting than my old saw (even though the blade is old and knackered looking) no splintering so far.

i sanded the top down lightly with 240 grit wet and dry and cleaned it off, put a few very light coats of ronseal ultra tough polyeurethene varnish on the top mixed 50/50 with white spirits to stop it rusting again.

cheers for the paint tips, the colour of this saw is slightly darker and less yellowy than on my bandsaw, though i think its original as it has the same hammered looking finish

Back