Startrite 301S bandsaw parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, France. Now Corston Malmesbury
I have had my 301S for more years than I care to think of, about 25 of them! I was doing some routine checking the other day and found that the blade wheels are getting very worn! The surface is bonded on to the wheels, they are both the same part. Does anyone know of anywhere wheree I can either get new wheels or the new 'tyres' to put on to them?

Thank you Steve. I was looking at their site a bit earlier and will see about giving them a ring tomorrow.

After I had set it up I had to cut a bit of ash. It was a 4" square off cut from a newel post to do a bowl from a blank thing. I didn't quite have the cut dead central and finished up shaving an extra 32nd or so off of two of the bits. I had a new Tuff Saw M42 1/4" 6 skip blade in and it cut off a couple of slices that would do for inlays and as uniform as you could get!

I do like my bandsaw!

Well, I had a bit of a surprise this morning. I can get the wheels from your link Steve. They are only £140 each + VAT! £168 each!

But, I can get the rubber tyres and put them on here (I was going to say 'myself' but I could imagine all you 'comedians' out there and the replies :oops: ) for only £80 + the dreaded. £96

I will have to do a likkle thinking about it, but it needs something. Anyone got any push bike inner tubes they don't want? I have contacted Ian at Tuffsaws to ask if he has any ideas?

Well, after all of the mucking about and phoning I found out this morning that the metal I saw and thought was several holes through the rubber tyre was particles of ali from when I cut some a while back. There's plenty of meat left in the wheels yet.

But yes I contacted Bandsaw Parts, ALT Saws and Spares, B H Leake and a couple of others and the cheapest I found was bandsawparts.co.uk with their urethane belts at £45/pair. The opthers were 2 or 3 times that, including B H Leake. But as it happens that there's no need to change anything I am quite pleased to say the least.

The one good thing that did come out of it is that I now know there are lots of bits still out there for my saw. so thank you all for your help.

Back