startrite 301 bandsaw for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promhandicam

Established Member
Reaction score
To make room for my new bandsaw I need to sell my old one. Before I put it on ebay I thought I'd advertise it here first. It is in fairly good condition and has an Axminster fence fitted to it and an ikea work light wired in. As shown below, it can rip up to 6" of oak without too many problems although you obviously have to take it gently. There are also 5 spare blades - 2 x 6mm and 3 x 12mm ranging from 14tpi to 4 tpi. I could deliver for the cost of fuel if not too far - send me a PM to discuss. I may be going to the Kent Bash so could take it there if someone wanted it.

Price £250

Steve

301-1.jpg

301-2.jpg

301-5.jpg

301-3.jpg

301-4.jpg

Hi,

Nice bandsaw, I have a 352.

What are you replacing it with?

Pete

Racers":236kzfll said:
Hi,

Nice bandsaw, I have a 352.

What are you replacing it with?

Pete

I bought a 502e - primarily for re sawing as it will take a 1¼" blade and has 350mm under the guides.

Steve

Very tempted by the 502 at DM tools after your post, thanks. I am waiting to hear about a couple of second hand bandsaws and then i think get a 502 if they are no good.May i ask if you find that it is a problem ever that the bed on startrites only tilt to 20deg, i can't imagine needing 45deg vey often.

I don't actually physically have the 502 yet - going to pick it up this morning. Re. the table tilt, there is a bolt limiting the angle to 20deg but this can be removed to get 45deg. I gather it has to be installed to make it comply to CE regulations but as long as it isn't used by employees then there is no problem removing the stop.

Steve

Latest posts

Back